    suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Curt.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005

  3. "Curto" wrote:
    > Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
    > suggestions?
    > Thanks,
    > Curt.

    1) Probably 99% of the scanners on the market are x86 compatible.
    2) Your posting is in the wrong newsgroup (as this one is directed to x64
    extensions)
    3) If you have any concern about using x64 in the future, make sure the
    scanner is WIA compliant if there are no x64 drivers for it (x64 editions
    include wow64 + ksthunk.sys and emulate twain 32-bit layers, allowing for
    instance for the Microtek UP VPL6 scanner to work).

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64 scanner...

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=, Jul 2, 2005
  5. "Curto" <> wrote in:

    > Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64 scanner...

    I believe some Microtek scanners are, not sure of others? I've an older
    ScanMaker V6UPL and I had to "decorate" the .INF file as per MSFTs article,
    now it works fine on X64.

    You can find others by searching earlier posts.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=

    Randy Guest

    Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?

    I've got a ScanMaker X12USL and figure it might help me too.

    Randy, Jul 3, 2005
  7. "Randy" wrote:

    > Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?

    888728

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jul 3, 2005
  8. "Randy" <> wrote in:

    > "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> "Curto" <> wrote in:
    >>
    >> > Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64
    >> > scanner...

    >> I believe some Microtek scanners are, not sure of others? I've an older
    >> ScanMaker V6UPL and I had to "decorate" the .INF file as per MSFTs
    >> article, now it works fine on X64.
    >>
    >> You can find others by searching earlier posts.

    > Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?
    >
    > I've got a ScanMaker X12USL and figure it might help me too.

    Here's the whole message I wrote a very long time back, see if it applies to
    your scanner:

    Give this a try, download the latest ScanWizard for your scanner from
    Microtek and then run it.

    With any kind of luck it will install a file named something like
    Microtek.inf in your windows\inf directory. You must decorate the file
    as described here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/64INF_reqs.mspx

    Notice you're going to add "NTamd64" in two places.

    See if that works for you, it does for my V6UPL (USB port) using
    ScanWizard 5.991 but that's a very different scanner and driver.

    Good luck!

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 3, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?cGpvaGFuc2U=?=, Jul 5, 2005