    running an Intel core 2 6400 @ 2.13GHz have 4gig of ram vista only sees 3. I
    will not consider going to Vista x64 because I think Vista is slower then XP
    and overall sucks.
    Dan Codispoti, Jan 18, 2008

  2. No, there isn't. You'll need to look at what hardware you have, and then do
    the research with the hardware vendors to see if they have XP x64 drivers.
    Same issues for software. Most 32-bit software will just work. But some will
    not. If it has a system level driver (such as AV or disk defragmenters),
    that driver has to be 64-bit. And if its installer is 16 bit, you're out of
    luck - there is NO support for any 16 bit software in any 64-bit version of
    Microsoft OS.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 19, 2008

  3. Dan Codispoti

    Hammond Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:35:00 -0800, Dan Codispoti wrote:

    > I am currently running Vista Ultimate and want to go back to XP
    > professional. I want to use the 64 bit OS but am not sure what hardware
    > and software will not be compatible. Is there a Compatibility Tool or
    > upgrade advisor I can run on my current Vista OS to see if the switch is
    > worth it. I currently am running an Intel core 2 6400 @ 2.13GHz have
    > 4gig of ram vista only sees 3. I will not consider going to Vista x64
    > because I think Vista is slower then XP and overall sucks.

    .... And so does XP 64. To maximize productivity, I use XP 32. If you want
    to play and enjoy true multitasking with ultimate speed, try Ubuntu Linux
    7.10, you won't look back.
    Hammond, Jan 19, 2008
  4. Dan Codispoti

    virago Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:57:08 +0000, Hammond wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:35:00 -0800, Dan Codispoti wrote:
    >
    >> I am currently running Vista Ultimate and want to go back to XP
    >> professional. I want to use the 64 bit OS but am not sure what hardware
    >> and software will not be compatible. Is there a Compatibility Tool or
    >> upgrade advisor I can run on my current Vista OS to see if the switch
    >> is worth it. I currently am running an Intel core 2 6400 @ 2.13GHz have
    >> 4gig of ram vista only sees 3. I will not consider going to Vista x64
    >> because I think Vista is slower then XP and overall sucks.

    > ... And so does XP 64. To maximize productivity, I use XP 32. If you
    > want to play and enjoy true multitasking with ultimate speed, try Ubuntu
    > Linux 7.10, you won't look back.

    Here is another enlightenment which I "borrowed" from someone else:

    "Wouldn't waste hard drive space on Vista. This latest Microsoft disaster
    will probably be their last. They can't go any further with the NT kernel
    (written in 1991), and they don't have anybody left who has the slightest
    idea about writing a new kernel." Remember Windows 95? Ouch! That really
    hurts!

    So there you have it, cabbage heads. I doubt you can learn much in this
    newsgroup. This hole is the feeding ground for such characters as
    Charlie Mussel (don't forget the MVP), Colin Barnhorse, John Barn, and
    Sancho Pansa (A.K.A. Carlos).

    I haven't used XP 64 in months and I don't even miss it. Useless junk.
    virago, Jan 19, 2008
  5. Ad hominems are poor netiquette. If you hate MS and Windows why are you
    here? You are wasting your time.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 19, 2008
  6. Actually I don't hate windows just Vista.

    Dan Codispoti, Jan 19, 2008
  7. Dan Codispoti

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:24:00 -0800, Dan Codispoti
    <> wrote:

    >Actually I don't hate windows just Vista.

    They should have worked a bit longer on it. I am sure they can make a good
    product out of it, but it's still behaving as beta software :-( The
    performance is lacking, and for all of it, I rather stick to XP64 for now,
    than upgrading to Vista 64, because XP64 rules!! :)

    We bought new officemachines with Vista, but the lack of drivers made us go
    back to XP. The reason for choosing Vista was the enhanced security,
    because these machines are connected to the internet 24/7, but with
    additional security-software, XP runs just as fine. But, when SP1 is
    finished and released, we'll give it another try on production and
    office-machines.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jan 19, 2008
  8. Dan Codispoti