    Also this is a version i downloaded about in january and when i try to
    download it again (which i have 3 times) on each email i have not received
    the confirmation letter after several hours.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 10, 2005

  2. "Mitz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have downloaded and burnt the ISO but when i stick the CD in the drive
    >and
    > restart my pc the screen goes black with a blinking underscore line. I
    > have
    > to turn it off from thr main switch from there.
    >
    > Also this is a version i downloaded about in january and when i try to
    > download it again (which i have 3 times) on each email i have not received
    > the confirmation letter after several hours.

    Did you burn the .iso as an ISO image or just burn the .iso file to a CD?
    You need to burn the .iso file as an ISO image. You can use nero burning rom
    as well as other image burning software.

    Steve
    Steve Thompson, Jun 10, 2005

  3. I have received the confirmation letter now.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 10, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=

    Rick Guest

    The January edition is no longer available. If you want the Trail
    Edition you can go back to the Microsoft Web site and sign up to
    download the Trial version.

    Your other choice is to purchase the OEM version that was released on
    Monday, April 25, 2005.

    Rick, Jun 10, 2005
  5. No, you are not suppose to extract the ISO, here are the instructions on how
    to burn an ISO:

    you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
    way
    to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
    installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

    Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2005
  6. I have downloaded the updated version yesterday and i am burning the cd now.
    What i did was just double click the ISO image and it opens in Nero and
    straight away tells me to brun the CD.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  7. I just restarted my pc and it said "press any key to boot off CD" and when i
    pressed the spacebar it went straight into Windows, no installation or
    anything came up.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  8. Mitz <> wrote:
    > I just restarted my pc and it said "press any key to boot off CD" and
    > when i pressed the spacebar it went straight into Windows, no
    > installation or anything came up.
    >
    > "Mitz" wrote:

    Hi Mitz,

    As far as I understand, you're doing well. It may be a problem with your CD
    Writer or maybe the CD.
    One has say here that it's not recommanded to burn on a RW CD, is it what
    you did ?
    Be sure that your bios is ok and the cd reader comes in first position

    Cheers
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 11, 2005
  9. I burnt my CD on a CD-R. Also i did it at a lower speed so it does it
    properly. I dont think it is writer problems becuase i have a fairly new pc.
    And as for the BIOS thing, i do not understand :(.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  10. Oh yeah, also a few more questions

    1) How long is thr trial
    2) Can i purchase the OEM version and install it on a PC which i havent
    built myself? Becuase i bought a PC and it came with a OEM version of Windows
    XP Home and when i look at the websites selling Windows XP x64 Bit Edition it
    says for system builders only,

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  11. Mitz <> wrote:
    > Oh yeah, also a few more questions
    >
    > 1) How long is thr trial

    120 days

    > 2) Can i purchase the OEM version and install it on a PC which i
    > havent built myself? Becuase i bought a PC and it came with a OEM
    > version of Windows XP Home and when i look at the websites selling
    > Windows XP x64 Bit Edition it says for system builders only,

    There is an exchange program but for XP Pro only
    To buy an OEM version, you'll to buy some piece of hardware.

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 11, 2005
  12. Thanks.

    Now back to the main topic, when i restart my pc it says "Press any key to
    boot from CD" and when i do it just runs windows. The windows loading screen
    apperas and i am back into windows. No installation or whatever thing
    appeared at all.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  13. Mitz <> wrote:
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Now back to the main topic, when i restart my pc it says "Press any
    > key to boot from CD" and when i do it just runs windows. The windows
    > whatever thing appeared at all.

    Mitz,

    Are you sure your ISO file is not corrupt ? I understand that the pc try to
    boot from the cd but it doesn't work.
    The CD is bootable otherwise the pc wouldn't ask, so, it must be a problem
    with the files.

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 11, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=

    RonK Guest

    Are you using a ps2 keyboard or a usb keyboard?

    RonK, Jun 11, 2005
  15. What I would do Mitz is open NERO, choose "Copy and Backup" > Burn Image >
    change the file type drop down listing to "Image Files", select it depending
    on where it is store on your computer and click "Open" and burn process
    should start.

    Its also possible that it might be corrupted but I can understand pane to go
    through downloading again. I would back up the ISO to a CD-R or CD-RW and
    try burning it on another PC.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2005
  16. I recently formatted my pc and i forgot that i couldnt use my USB keyboard
    when booting off CD's. Well now it works but when i try to install it it says
    "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit the
    installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

    Thanks in advance ;)

    =?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=, Jun 12, 2005
  17. "Mitz" <> wrote in message
    >I recently formatted my pc and i forgot that i couldnt use my USB keyboard
    > when booting off CD's. Well now it works but when i try to install it it
    > says
    > "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
    > the
    > installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance ;)

    Mitz,

    Have you tried disabling the Plug and Play OS option in the BIOS? Just a
    thought.

    Steve

    [snip]
    Steve Thompson, Jun 12, 2005
  18. Let's keep this to a single thread -- I've answered you in the one you
    started later titled Hard disk not detected

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 12, 2005