    Nero??.
    Thanks for your advise

    Andy

    BENAGLIA, Sep 9, 2007

  2. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    Personally I have used Roxio EMC9 since it was released (now 10 is
    available). Works great.

    John Barnes, Sep 9, 2007

  3. BENAGLIA

    Allan Guest

    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message
    > Morning to you all!
    > Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
    > Nero??.
    > Thanks for your advise
    >
    > Andy

    I have used NTI CD-maker 7 on 32-bit Windows XP and it generally works well
    but occasionally causes some instability; it has caused system dump BSOD's
    twice so far. I think it may happen when you try to access the CD too soon
    after starting up the CD burner. I was given a complimentary version that
    only works with Sony CD/DVD burners when I installed a new CD-r writer.
    http://www.nticdmaker.com/main_cdmaker.htm .

    Allan, Sep 9, 2007
  4. BENAGLIA

    Theo Guest

    But, does it run on x64 - 64-bit Windows?

    The web site does not indicate your suggestion runs on any
    x64 system.

    Software Requirements

    * Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP

    Theo, Sep 9, 2007
  5. BENAGLIA

    XS11E Guest

    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote:

    > Morning to you all!
    > Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64
    > system, Nero??.

    I was very happy with Nero but found it incredibly large with tons of
    stuff I didn't need. Orginally, I had Nero Essentials which came with
    a DVD burner I bought and it has everything I needed w/o all the stuff
    I didn't.

    I got a new PC and it came with Roxio Creator Basic 9 which I like even
    better than Nero. It will burn CD/DVDs, ISO Images, LightScribe, Dual
    Layer, etc. and has a label creator and nothing else!

    Since Nero Essentials and Roxio Basic are OEM software I don't know if
    you can get it or not but it's worth Googling around just to save the
    HUGE overhead of the purchased version of Nero or Roxio.

    XS11E, Sep 9, 2007
  6. BENAGLIA

    S.SubZero Guest

    If you want something without much frills but also without any cost, I
    recommend Deepburner (http://www.deepburner.com/). I installed the
    free version on XP64 and it works flawlessly. The whole download is
    2.73MB.

    S.SubZero, Sep 9, 2007
  7. BENAGLIA

    Piers James Guest

    http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/ has a 64bit version

    Piers James, Sep 9, 2007
  8. BENAGLIA

    Guest

    On Sep 9, 6:13 am, Theo <> wrote:
    > But, does it run on x64 - 64-bit Windows?
    >
    > The web site does not indicate your suggestion runs on any
    > x64 system.
    >
    > Software Requirements
    >
    > * Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
    >
    > Allan wrote:
    >
    > > I have used NTI CD-maker 7 on 32-bit Windows XP and it generally works
    > > well but occasionally causes some instability; it has caused system dump
    > > BSOD's twice so far. I think it may happen when you try to access the CD
    > > too soon after starting up the CD burner. I was given a complimentary
    > > version that only works with Sony CD/DVD burners when I installed a new
    > > CD-r writer.http://www.nticdmaker.com/main_cdmaker.htm.

    Nero 7 "works" on X64, but it isn't native 64 bits. They just release
    version 8, though the website doesn't indicate it is ready. However, I
    saw it on the shelf at Fry's.

    Don't you have some old 32 bit burner program to try on your 64 bit
    system?

    , Sep 9, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 9, 2007
  10. BENAGLIA

    KOOLER Guest

    You don't really need native x64 application... Ordinary 32-bit ones
    should work just fine! Also you can skip spending $50-100 on the
    burning software. You should get OEM version with your burner (99%
    probability)
    and also there are tons of the free stuff in the Internet. You may
    even take a look
    at this one:

    www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html

    Probably Nero can do more but at least we don't ask for your money :)

    Good luck and happy burning!

    Anton

    KOOLER, Sep 10, 2007
  11. BENAGLIA

    Allan Guest

    "KOOLER" <> wrote in message
    > You don't really need native x64 application... Ordinary 32-bit ones
    > should work just fine! Also you can skip spending $50-100 on the
    > burning software. You should get OEM version with your burner (99%
    > probability)
    > and also there are tons of the free stuff in the Internet. You may
    > even take a look
    > at this one:
    >
    > www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html
    >
    > Probably Nero can do more but at least we don't ask for your money :)
    >
    > Good luck and happy burning!
    >
    > Anton
    >
    > BENAGLIA wrote:
    >> Morning to you all!
    >> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
    >> Nero??.
    >> Thanks for your advise
    >>
    >> Andy

    I certainly agree that 32-bit CD/DVD writing software should work but in my
    case NTI CD-Maker 7 causes instability on Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I
    mentioned this because it may have the same issue on x64 Pro. Unless someone
    has actually tried it I am reluctant to recommend it to the OP. Could it be
    that a native x64 program is more likely to be stable and not cause BSOD
    crashes?

    Allan, Sep 11, 2007
  12. BENAGLIA

    TJD Guest

    Same here, and Roxio 10 mentions Vista 64-bit specifically.

    TJD, Sep 11, 2007
  13. BENAGLIA

    Shad4Ever Guest

    Nero 7 (any version)
    Tested it (burned over 1000 DVD) on Windows Server 2003 x64
    Work fine, never crash, and you can run tons of other software whil
    burning

    Not even a BSOD

    But I recommend disabling Nero Home, And the thing used to find medi
    since they install some Shell feature (which dosn't work on x64, bu
    they won't crash

    --
    Shad4Eve
    Shad4Ever's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=3092

    http://forums.techarena.i

    Shad4Ever, Sep 11, 2007
  14. BENAGLIA

    McG. Guest

    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message
    > Morning to you all!
    > Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
    > Nero??.
    > Thanks for your advise
    >
    > Andy

    I use old Nero 6.5 Ultimate in XP Pro x64. Works perfectly for me.
    McG.

    McG., Nov 2, 2007