    anyone has any suggestions as to how to solve this problem so that i may go
    ahead and use this O.S. i really want to use the full potential of my
    chip.....
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhldHVydGxl?=, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Did you load the SATA drivers when asked to press F6 if you wished to add
    drivers? This is at the very beginning of the installation when the
    installer is reading files into ram.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Make sure you have up to date drivers for all your hardware. Specifically,
    you'll want to make sure you have storage drivers. You almost certainly need
    to load storage drivers during the initial setup of Windows using the the F6
    option to load additional storage drivers from a floppy. For more on F6
    installation, see:

    For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx

    And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
    setup, and why you care:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx

    HTH

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 30, 2005
  4. thanks guys....with your help i got it to install and now im a happy camper
    with windows 64
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhldHVydGxl?=, Dec 4, 2005
  5. Great! Thanks for letting us know.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 4, 2005