    that program still detects 32 bit apache.

    Any idea what is going on here?

    , Jan 31, 2008

  2. Jane C Guest

    Hi miso,

    No version of Windows comes with Apache, so you must have installed it
    sometime.

    Did you ever install WampServer or Ampserv? Anything else that could be
    using it?

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Jan 31, 2008

  3. I don't know the particulars on a Windows Installation, but you should have
    the all-mighty-apache-config file where everything is spelled out in text. I
    have one of the apache books, but I haven't touched it in a long time. I'll
    see if I can find it, there's bound to be something there?

    Like Jane, I think you must have installed something that relies on it. Try
    the 'Program Files/Common' folder?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 31, 2008
  4. Jason Gurtz Guest

    wrote:
    > I tried to delete the apache on the system, but it doesn't show up in
    > the add/remove programs, so I assume it is part of the OS. I turned
    > apache off in the services and tried to install the 64 bit apache, but
    > that program still detects 32 bit apache.
    >
    > Any idea what is going on here?

    Many system and device management type utilities utilize a web front end
    that uses the tomcat J2EE application server so that they can be cross
    platform. Tomcat == Apache. ;)

    A good example of this is the HP WebJetAdmin suite. If you use Process
    Explorer you can easily see the path that running processes were
    launched from. With this path, you will be able to figure out what
    application installed the 32-bit apache.

    ~JasonG

    Jason Gurtz, Jan 31, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Jan 31, 2:36 am, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    > Hi miso,
    >
    > No version of Windows comes with Apache, so you must have installed it
    > sometime.
    >
    > Did you ever install WampServer or Ampserv? Anything else that could be
    > using it?
    >
    > --
    > Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    > MVP Windows Desktop Experience
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hope these questions aren't too dumb. I've installed apache under
    > > linux, but I need to run it on my x64 box.

    > > I tried to install a 64 bit version of apache.
    > >http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries

    > > However, the program wont install because it detects 32 bit apache on
    > > my PC already. Two instances of apache show up in the task manager. I
    > > suppose I could live with 32 bit apache, but when I try to browse the
    > > local host, it doesn't find the "It works" html. Where should the HTML
    > > be located using the apache that comes with X64.

    > > I tried to delete the apache on the system, but it doesn't show up in
    > > the add/remove programs, so I assume it is part of the OS. I turned
    > > apache off in the services and tried to install the 64 bit apache, but
    > > that program still detects 32 bit apache.

    > > Any idea what is going on here?

    Well, now that you mention it, I noticed when I put local host in my
    browser, it came up with a page related to my axis print server thin
    wizard. I uninstalled the axis thin wizard, and that page went away.
    However, it did not get rid of apache.

    I'll try to track down what program installed it.

    Thanks to all that replied. I will investigate tomcat as well.

    , Jan 31, 2008
  6. Guest

    On Jan 31, 11:00 am, wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 2:36 am, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi miso,

    > > No version of Windows comes with Apache, so you must have installed it
    > > sometime.

    > > Did you ever install WampServer or Ampserv? Anything else that could be
    > > using it?

    > > --
    > > Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    > > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
    > > MVP Windows Desktop Experience

    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > Hope these questions aren't too dumb. I've installed apache under
    > > > linux, but I need to run it on my x64 box.

    > > > I tried to install a 64 bit version of apache.
    > > >http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries

    > > > However, the program wont install because it detects 32 bit apache on
    > > > my PC already. Two instances of apache show up in the task manager. I
    > > > suppose I could live with 32 bit apache, but when I try to browse the
    > > > local host, it doesn't find the "It works" html. Where should the HTML
    > > > be located using the apache that comes with X64.

    > > > I tried to delete the apache on the system, but it doesn't show up in
    > > > the add/remove programs, so I assume it is part of the OS. I turned
    > > > apache off in the services and tried to install the 64 bit apache, but
    > > > that program still detects 32 bit apache.

    > > > Any idea what is going on here?

    > Well, now that you mention it, I noticed when I put local host in my
    > browser, it came up with a page related to my axis print server thin
    > wizard. I uninstalled the axis thin wizard, and that page went away.
    > However, it did not get rid of apache.
    >
    > I'll try to track down what program installed it.
    >
    > Thanks to all that replied. I will investigate tomcat as well.

    FYI, Nvidia installed apache. It's under NetworkAccessManager

    , Jan 31, 2008
  7. Jane C Guest

    <> wrote in

    > FYI, Nvidia installed apache. It's under NetworkAccessManager

    Thanks for the info :)

    Jane C, Jan 31, 2008
  8. Guest

    On Jan 31, 3:36 pm, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in
    >

    > > FYI, Nvidia installed apache. It's under NetworkAccessManager

    > Thanks for the info :)
    >
    > --
    > Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    > MVP Windows Desktop Experience

    The Nvidia uninstall didn't clear up the problem, i.e apache won't
    install because it thinks it is already installed. I'm going to try to
    find the reference to apache (probably buried in the registry).

    Am I to assume that any software which generates a dynamic webpage on
    my PC has apache embedded in it if not directly installed?

    , Feb 1, 2008