    Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is there
    anything?

    Thank you.

    spock, Oct 15, 2007

  2. spock

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Spock:
    I use SpyBot and A-Squared without any problems with XP x64 and
    Vista x64. Also I use Nod32 for AV on both operating systems, Have a great
    day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Oct 15, 2007

  3. spock

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:52:28 +0930, "spock" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
    >works?

    I use Hitman Pro (http://www.hitmanpro.nl/), and they use a bunch of
    programs to scan your system. It has auto-update, and most included
    programs are free (some are trial). The scanning-process is fully automatic
    (all the appropraite buttons are "pressed" via a script). The program
    itself is free as well, and comes in English and Dutch.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Oct 15, 2007
  4. spock

    Allan Guest

    "spock" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone
    > Has anyone released anti-spy software for windows X64 Pro that really
    > works?
    > I have tried defender or whatever it is called now and found less than
    > satisfactory.
    > I have tried the free AVG anti-spy every time I ran it there was at leaset
    > 9-15 infections
    > I don't think it did anything, that is everytime I ran it there was always
    > more? and more!
    > Sensisible answers please! I don't want a war of words. What works? is
    > there anything?
    >
    > Thank you.

    AVG (ewido) Anti-spyware has its own forum : http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    .. I have found that if you consistently decide to either ignore or delete,
    or allow this time that the number of errors decreases over time. You may
    have to run it in Safe Mode. You may also want to try SpywareBlaster or
    Spybot S&D . I have used SpywareBlaster for a few years with good results.
    There is no 64-bit version unfortunately of SpywareBlaster nor of the
    others. I suggest you read posts at that forum that I mentioned above. I
    have not tried "Defender" and am unlikely to do so. I did have "McAfee
    Anti-spyware" installed but found it awkward to update on a weekly basis.
    After a one-year subscription I allowed it to expire.

    Allan, Oct 15, 2007
  5. spock

    Kue2 Guest

    Spy-bot runs fine in Vista 64 Version:1.5.1.17 is vista aware.Avg
    anti-spyware(version7.6.1.43) is also very good,make sure you are deleting
    what it finds. Both of these are free to use & free updates.

    Kue2, Oct 15, 2007
  6. spock

    Sam Crawford Guest

    Sam Crawford, Oct 15, 2007