    Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

    Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHN0cm9vdA==?=, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Hello,

    x64 has two versions of IE. A 32-bit-version and a 64-bit-version.
    with the 64-bit-version there might be problems on serveral sites because
    there are difficulties with Active X.

    try to start the windows update-site with the 32-bit-version. There should
    be no problem.

    you find the 32-bit version under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet
    Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

    The 64-bit version is under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet
    Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

    good luck,

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZHN0cm9vdA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you are using a web accelerator you won't be able to use Windows Update.
    Also make sure you have your pop-up blockers etc turned off. I have to
    fully uninstall my accelerator program (Slipstream, used by many ISP's) and
    then reinstall after the Windows Update is done. The stop and exit do not
    clear the proxies set up for this site.

    John Barnes, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Sounds like your security settings are set too high. Aslo, make sure you
    turn off the popup blocker for some sites. I know Creative's auto-update
    site needs you to do that.

    Try Windows Update at http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

    This will check for updates across most Microsoft Products, not just Windows
    or IE.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005