    1 gig Kingston Ram
    1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive

    thanks guys

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=, Jun 16, 2005

  2. TankEngine <> wrote:
    > Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know
    > what im doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate
    > ST3120026AS Sata hard drive
    >
    > I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while
    > i start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete,
    > I go to install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes
    > SATA is set in bios
    >
    > what am i doing wrong?
    >
    > i have a
    >
    > AMD 64 3400
    > Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
    > BFG 6800 Ultra
    > 1 gig Kingston Ram
    > 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
    >
    > thanks guys

    Another try: are you sure you have the very last drivers from the site ?
    Drivers working with former versions of x64 are not always working with the
    final version.
    Maybe you should have a look at www.planetamd64.com for newer drivers and
    give it a try

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA install
    on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off the
    drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved my
    problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
    recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
    unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

    John Barnes, Jun 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    Bob Wright Guest

    On my XP system it couldn't find the SATA drive if the drive was already
    formatted.

    Bob

    Bob Wright, Jun 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Bob Wright" <> wrote in message
    > On my XP system it couldn't find the SATA drive if the drive was already
    > formatted.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > TankEngine wrote:
    >> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
    >> im doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS
    >> Sata hard drive
    >>
    >> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
    >> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
    >> to install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set
    >> in bios what am i doing wrong?
    >>
    >> i have a AMD 64 3400
    >> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
    >> BFG 6800 Ultra
    >> 1 gig Kingston Ram
    >> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
    >>
    >> thanks guys

    Are you installing the 32 bit version of SATA drivers? You need to install
    the ones designed for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 16, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    JBM Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    > If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA install
    > on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off the
    > drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved my
    > problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
    > recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
    > unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

    Sounds like he's using a Silicon Image controller, which as least on my
    system
    needs a driver disk whether using RAID or not.

    Jim M

    JBM, Jun 16, 2005
  7. Bobby yes i have the x64 drivers

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=, Jun 17, 2005
  8. for any SATA hard drive install you need drivers regardless if you have raid
    or not

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=, Jun 17, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Why don't you read the posts here from people who know. No wonder you are
    unable to get it to work.

    John Barnes, Jun 17, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    JBM Guest

    > for any SATA hard drive install you need drivers regardless if you have
    > raid
    > or not

    Of course you do, its just that windows includes some of them, for instance
    nforce3 (non raid mode),
    so using F6 isn't needed for them.

    JBM, Jun 17, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Whether they are built into the chipset or in Windows, the point is that he
    DOESN'T need to F6 drivers at the install of Windows unless he is using
    RAID or a PCI controller, which he doesn't say. They aren't in Windows,
    NVIDIA chipset nForce4 and per posts below, nForce3 have chipset
    instructions which views them as IDE.
    That's why the Via chipsets need the SATA drivers F6 at install. Go read
    the white paper on the nForce chipsets native support for SATA.

    John Barnes, Jun 17, 2005