    Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    Thanks.

    , Aug 28, 2007

  2. Jono Guest

    presented the following explanation :
    > Hi,all
    >
    > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > Thanks.

    The SPA3102 is just as good as the X100P at interfacing Asterisk with
    the PSTN, if not better.

    The SPA has advantages over the X100P -

    it provides you with a SIP extension whilst independantly providing
    other extensions/Astersik with a connection to the PSTN.

    SIP Trunks seem much easier to get up & running than ZAP trunks.

    The SPA can be configured to allow you to dial in remotely & give you
    PSTN or VOIP dial tone. (I know Asterisk can too)

    Jono, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    On 8 28 , 2 41 , Jono <> wrote:
    > presented the following explanation :
    >
    > > Hi,all

    > > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > > Thanks.

    > The SPA3102 is just as good as the X100P at interfacing Asterisk with
    > the PSTN, if not better.
    >
    > The SPA has advantages over the X100P -
    >
    > it provides you with a SIP extension whilst independantly providing
    > other extensions/Astersik with a connection to the PSTN.
    >
    > SIP Trunks seem much easier to get up & running than ZAP trunks.
    >
    > The SPA can be configured to allow you to dial in remotely & give you
    > PSTN or VOIP dial tone. (I know Asterisk can too)

    Thank you so much Jono. I've got many ideas from you,
    but i do think Asterisk is poweful ,
    and its founctions may be more?

    , Aug 28, 2007
  4. Paul Hayes Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,all
    >
    > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > Thanks.

    If you are just playing around at home and learning Asterisk then X100P
    clone card should be fine and they are very cheap ebay.

    But if you intend on building a PBX that will be used in production then
    either an SPA3102 or proper Digium TDM card is a must. The audio
    quality and reliability of the x100p card is no good for an in-use
    system and your customers wont like you!

    cheers,
    Paul.

    --
    Working Email:

    paul-at-polog40-dot-co-dot-uk

    Paul Hayes, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Jono Guest

    Paul Hayes expressed precisely :
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,all
    >>
    >> I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    >> ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    >> Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > If you are just playing around at home and learning Asterisk then X100P
    > clone card should be fine and they are very cheap ebay.
    >
    > But if you intend on building a PBX that will be used in production then
    > either an SPA3102 or proper Digium TDM card is a must. The audio
    > quality and reliability of the x100p card is no good for an in-use
    > system and your customers wont like you!
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    I've just discovered an X100P clone in a PC in a cupboard. Have now
    connected my door phone to it & am pleasantly surprised at how good the
    quality is. I've even got a DDI for my door now! And, my mobile also
    rings when someone presses my doorbell :)

    All I need to work out now, is how to make asterisk send a flash hook
    to my door phone, so that I can unlock the door.

    Jono, Aug 28, 2007
  6. Guest

    On 8 28 , 1 51 , wrote:
    > Hi,all
    >
    > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > Thanks.

    Digium card can surely support all the Asreisk related service,
    whereas an ATA is not as so.

    , Aug 29, 2007
  7. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Digium card can surely support all the Asreisk related service,
    > whereas an ATA is not as so.

    Whether or not the X100P is supported by Asterisk is not in question. The
    problem is, getting the X100P to work with UK CallerID and line impedances.
    Given the horror stories I've heard, I'd be more likely to spend the extra
    money on a SIP-PSTN gateway.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:57:41 up 42 days, 23:43, 3 users, load average: 0.82, 0.66, 0.54

    alexd, Aug 29, 2007
  8. Guest

    On 8 28 , 1 51 , wrote:
    > Hi,all
    >
    > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > Thanks.

    However in fact, ATA can support approximately 98% Asterisk features,
    can enumerate a few exceptional features?

    Also, an ATA is independent of computer,we can just simply link it to
    Internet,that's enough!

    , Sep 3, 2007
  9. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > On 8 28 , 1 51 , wrote:
    >> Hi,all
    >>
    >> I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    >> ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    >> Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    >> Thanks.

    > However in fact, ATA can support approximately 98% Asterisk features,
    > can enumerate a few exceptional features?
    >
    > Also, an ATA is independent of computer,we can just simply link it to
    > Internet,that's enough!

    I think the OP already has Asterisk, although to be honest it's hard to
    tell.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:51:28 up 47 days, 21:37, 3 users, load average: 1.07, 0.89, 0.95

    alexd, Sep 3, 2007
  10. aem Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,all
    >
    > I'm now using linksys3100 ATA,however to get VOIP function, can use
    > ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    > Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    > Thanks.

    Don't get an X100P... If you want a PCI card, go with the Digium TDM01B.

    alex

    aem, Sep 4, 2007
  11. Q Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    <cut>
    > Whether or not the X100P is supported by Asterisk is not in question. The
    > problem is, getting the X100P to work with UK CallerID and line
    > impedances.
    > Given the horror stories I've heard, I'd be more likely to spend the extra
    > money on a SIP-PSTN gateway.
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 17:57:41 up 42 days, 23:43, 3 users, load average: 0.82, 0.66, 0.54
    > 09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

    I have what I think is a working doc for UK CLI setup on those cards, I'm
    awaiting a report back from someone who is going to verify the setup.

    It can be a bit annoying, and it might mean playing with kernel modules, but
    it will work.

    As others have said, an X100P is fine for home, and testing stuff, but if
    its a 'live' commercial install then get proper hardware.

    Q, Sep 7, 2007