    they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.

    Rich, Dec 18, 2010

  2. Rich

    Irwell Guest

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:02:39 -0800 (PST), Rich wrote:

    > Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
    > they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    > camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    > so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.
    >
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020

    Fuji have a winner with the Hybrid Viewfinder, a technology
    easily tranferred to less exotic cameras. the P&S market is
    yearning for a small camera with a deceent viewfinder.
    Irwell, Dec 18, 2010

  3. Rich

    peter Guest

    On 12/17/2010 7:02 PM, Rich wrote:
    > Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
    > they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    > camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    > so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.
    >
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020

    Why didn't you answer my question.

    Remember you referred to communism. I demand you explain what you meant
    by your reference to my heritage.

    --
    Peter
    peter, Dec 18, 2010
  4. Rich

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
    >they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    >camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    >so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.

    Think of the FujiFilm X100 as a digital Konica Hexar.

    Konica tested the market with the Konica Hexar, a 35mm autofocus
    compact that had a superlative 35mm f/2 lens and a super quiet
    shutter. When it showed itself to be a sales success, the Konica
    designers were allowed to produce the Konica Hexar RF, a 35mm
    rangefinder camera with the Leica M mount and a small range of
    superlative lenses.

    So I expect FujiFilm to do the same. Provided that the X100 sells
    well, FujiFilm could well follow it up with a camera that accepts
    interchangeable lenses. I hope it uses the Leica M mount.

    This week I had lunch with an Epson sales rep who asked me some
    carefully structured questions about the possible market for a digital
    rangefinder camera with Leica M mount. A successor to the R-D1 is
    apparently under active consideration.

    If a cheaper alternative to the Leica M9 becomes available, the
    digital rangefinder market is likely to grow significantly. If more
    than one becomes available, the market will grow rapidly. There are a
    great many Leica users who are still shooting on film but who would be
    tempted into digital by a more reasonably priced digital M body.

    The Leica M9 is far too expensive. The M8 and M8.2 are fatally flawed
    and don't make good used buys because of their myriad problems. The
    next Leica M body is likely to be even more expensive than the M9, so
    an Epson R-D2 or FujiFilm X1 at less than half the price of the M9
    would be a very attractive product.
    Bruce, Dec 18, 2010
  5. Rich

    Bruce Guest

    Irwell <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:02:39 -0800 (PST), Rich wrote:
    >> Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
    >> they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    >> camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    >> so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.
    >>
    >> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020

    >Fuji have a winner with the Hybrid Viewfinder, a technology
    >easily tranferred to less exotic cameras. the P&S market is
    >yearning for a small camera with a deceent viewfinder.

    How on earth is it a "winner"? You cannot buy one, and no-one knows
    yet if it even works.

    Except you, obviously. ;-)
    Bruce, Dec 18, 2010
  6. Rich

    shiva das Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of Panasonics.
    > I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance of survival. But I
    > hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter P&S superzooms. It's time
    > for them to launch their own mount and lenses.

    Wow. And here I always thought "Rich" and "RichA" _were_ sock puppets of
    Superzooms Still Lose...
    shiva das, Dec 19, 2010
  7. Rich

    peter Guest

    On 12/18/2010 10:42 PM, Rich wrote:
    > peter<> wrote in news:4d0c0f49$0$5553
    > $-secrets.com:
    >
    >> On 12/17/2010 7:02 PM, Rich wrote:
    >>> Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
    >>> they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
    >>> camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
    >>> so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.
    >>>
    >>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020
    >>>

    >> Why didn't you answer my question.
    >>
    >> Remember you referred to communism. I demand you explain what you meant
    >> by your reference to my heritage.
    >>

    > What heritage? I was talking about genetics.

    Then please explain your reference to genetics. I am waiting with bated
    breath.

    --
    Peter
    peter, Dec 19, 2010
  8. Rich

    peter Guest

    On 12/18/2010 11:24 PM, shiva das wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Rich<> wrote:
    >
    >> That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of Panasonics.
    >> I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance of survival. But I
    >> hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter P&S superzooms. It's time
    >> for them to launch their own mount and lenses.

    > Wow. And here I always thought "Rich" and "RichA" _were_ sock puppets of
    > Superzooms Still Lose...

    They are mutations.

    --
    Peter
    peter, Dec 19, 2010
  9. Rich

    John Turco Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > Bruce <> wrote in

    <edited for brevity>

    > > Think of the FujiFilm X100 as a digital Konica Hexar.

    <edited>

    > > If a cheaper alternative to the Leica M9 becomes available,
    > > the digital rangefinder market is likely to grow significantly.

    > That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of
    > Panasonics. I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance
    > of survival. But I hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter
    > P&S superzooms. It's time for them to launch their own mount
    > and lenses.

    Uh...Fuji-manufactured "mount and lenses" ain't ever happening,
    Corky! That particular outfit has always focused (pun intended)
    on those "cookie-cutter" designs you so ardently loathe.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jan 12, 2011