    small change Guest

    where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

    tia
    small change, Oct 5, 2004

  2. small change wrote:
    > where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?
    >
    > tia

    Install Mnenhy:

    http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004

  3. small change

    .brian. Guest

    (On 10/4/2004 7:01 PM) small change wrote:
    > where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

    As Lee suggested, you can install Mnenhy. Or you can simply add the
    following line to your 'user.js' file:

    // Add No-Archive Header Option
    user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");

    If there isn't a 'user.js', simply create the file in Notepad and save
    it as 'user.js to your profile, in the same area that prefs.js exists'.

    If you add the above line, then you will have the ability to select
    X-No-Archive from the 'To' field by clicking on the down arrow.

    Either way works.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .brian., Oct 5, 2004
  4. small change

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 05/10/2004 00:01, small change said the following:
    > where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?
    >
    > tia

    Make a user script and add this :

    user_pref("mail.identity.id#.headers", "whatever");
    user_pref("mail.identity.id#.header.whatever", "X-No-Archive: yes");

    This will add it to all outgoing on the acount named.

    Source:
    http://ilias.ca/Xnoarchive.html

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    Pun Krocker, Oct 5, 2004
  5. small change

    Caploc Guest

    ..brian. wrote:

    > (On 10/4/2004 7:01 PM) small change wrote:
    >
    >> where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

    > As Lee suggested, you can install Mnenhy. Or you can simply add the
    > following line to your 'user.js' file:
    >
    > // Add No-Archive Header Option
    > user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");
    >
    > If there isn't a 'user.js', simply create the file in Notepad and save
    > it as 'user.js to your profile, in the same area that prefs.js exists'.
    >
    > If you add the above line, then you will have the ability to select
    > X-No-Archive from the 'To' field by clicking on the down arrow.
    >
    > Either way works.

    Or use this to automate it.

    // Headers to always add to outgoing mail
    user_pref("mail.identity.id?.headers", "header1");
    user_pref("mail.identity.id?.header.header1", "X-No-Archive: Yes");

    Follow this thread to conclusion, it answers a lot of queries.

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=763806#763806

    If you have no luck ask again here.
    Cappy
    Caploc, Oct 5, 2004