    search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).

    Thanks.

    Stevo, Jan 21, 2007

  2. Stevo

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Stevo
    <> wrote:

    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and
    > what do I need to do to stop this happening?

    The only way to stop your posts from appearing in Google is to stop
    posting entirely.

    Since Google is trying to act as a "real" news provider, they display
    every post they receive.

    They won't archive your posts though; they'll disappear after a while.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Stevo

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jan 28, 12:19 pm).

    Hello

    pcbutts1, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Stevo

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:19:30 -0800, Stevo <>
    wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    >search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    >do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).

    Google archives your post regardless of x-no-archive for 7 days.

    Evan Platt, Jan 21, 2007
  5. Stevo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-21, Stevo <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    > do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try looking in the Google Groups 'Help'

    ..-----<http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7918>
    | I don't want you to archive my articles! How can I keep my messages from
    | being archived on Google Groups?
    |
    | Any post that contains the text "X-No-Archive:" either in the message
    | headers of their post or as the very first text in the first line of the
    | message body will be displayed on Google Groups for only seven days and
    | won't be searchable after it's removed.
    '-----

    This is a change from the original DejaNews behaviour of never showing
    xnayed articles. Google changed it a year or so ago - about the same time
    as they introduced the current new-improved-even-worse-than-before
    interface.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 21, 2007
  6. Stevo

    Stevo Guest

    In article <>, Stevo
    blurted...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    > do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks for the responses.

    Stevo, Jan 21, 2007
  7. Stevo

    Jerry Conroe Guest

    -------------------

    Jerry Conroe, Jan 21, 2007
  8. Stevo

    Brian G Guest

    Stevo wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and
    > what do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity
    > (obviously).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Stevo,

    I may be wrong on this (I would be happy if someone can confirm this for me)
    :) but I understand that although the original message will 'disappear'
    after a short while, any replies to an original post that has not been
    'snipped out' will remain archived on Google - complete in all its glory.

    Brian G, Jan 21, 2007
  9. Stevo

    samuel Guest

    "Brian G" <> wrote in

    > Stevo wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a
    >> google groups search, I noticed that my posts were still
    >> appearing. Why is this and what do I need to do to stop this
    >> happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Stevo,
    >
    > I may be wrong on this (I would be happy if someone can
    > confirm this for me)
    >:) but I understand that although the original message will
    >:'disappear'
    > after a short while,

    from google

    there are other archives

    >any replies to an original post that has
    > not been 'snipped out' will remain archived on Google -
    > complete in all its glory.

    yes

    samuel, Jan 21, 2007
  10. Stevo wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    > do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Are planning on spamming, or what?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 21, 2007
  11. On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:19:30 -0800, Stevo wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    > search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and what
    > do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity (obviously).
    >
    > Thanks.

    FYI: Google will remove your posts in 7 days.
    However some other archives will NOT honour the XNA header, & will retain
    copies of your posts.

    --
    "Whon thot Aprille swithin potrzebie,
    The burgid prillie gives one heebie-jeebie."

    William Poaster, Jan 21, 2007
  12. Stevo

    Guest

    "Brian G" <> wrote:

    >Stevo wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I have added this to my custom header, but when I did a google groups
    >> search, I noticed that my posts were still appearing. Why is this and
    >> what do I need to do to stop this happening? I am using Gravity
    >> (obviously).
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >I may be wrong on this (I would be happy if someone can confirm this for me)
    >:) but I understand that although the original message will 'disappear'
    >after a short while, any replies to an original post that has not been
    >'snipped out' will remain archived on Google - complete in all its glory.

    Guessing here as I have no intention of proving or disapproving this.

    But most newsreaders have an honor X-No-archive setting, so the reply
    sent with this set should also be removed.
    --
    Grab Your own.
    http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

    , Jan 22, 2007