    the sad truth. No 64-bit driver for my WLAN card... =(
    Is there any solution to get this card working on x64 Windows?

    I'm not about to buy another WLAN card just becouse of this...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=

    Rick Guest

    The solution is to find suitable 64-bit drivers. The manufacturer is
    your best bet!

    Rick, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Just what i did the first time.
    They don't have any 64-bit drivers. And they didn't even send a reply to my
    mail...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=

    Rick Guest

    I'll bet you never went to the RaLinkTech web site. It seems they even
    have WHQL certified drivers XP x64.

    http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

    Seek and Ye Shall Receive.

    And don't forget, Google Is Your Friend (GIYF), http://www.plsgoogleit.com/

    Rick, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Thank's for the link.
    My start page IS google. And i played some 1,5hours with finding a driver.
    Never heard of RaLinkTech before, so i'm trying it right now. These are
    somekind of "general" WLAN drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  6. It's often important to find out who the underlying manufacturer of the
    hardware you use is, especially if you're looking for drivers for x64.
    Sometimes you can go to the "manufacturer" of the product, but often they
    haven't created their own version of the drivers. But if the mfg of the
    underlying chipset has created a driver, you're often able to use that
    generic chipset driver.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Only question... How do i find out that kind of info?
    RT2500 driver doesn't semm to help... Trying RT61.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  9. I've taken the whole thing apart to see what it really is...
    On the card it says:
    WL2454VP-2A0
    VER:V1.0

    And on the chip:
    ATHEROS
    AR5213A-00
    A19912B
    1404
    TAIWAN (where else... =P )

    Looking for Atheros drivers now...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Okay.
    I've found this on AMD Developer Central
    (http://developer.amd.com/drivers.aspx) :

    Atheros Wireless AR5000 series - Windows: In development, please contact
    Atheros

    =(
    No luck... Gotta keep waiting then.
    Any possibility to port 32bit driver to 64bit myself?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=

    DKI Guest

    http://www.atheros.com/ there is their site. it looks like they don't do
    their own generic drivers for the public to download, looks like you might
    be out of luck.

    Us wireless users of the broadcom based cards were in the same position
    untill they had generic drivers intergrated into X64 which was a good news
    but broadcom till this day never released any publicly and still have not.

    There are few chipset manufuctures that release there own generic drivers
    for the puclic to download and use. (nvidia, realtek are few that don't sell
    direct to the public only the chipsets to OEMs and released generic drivers)
    and others (Conexant that do chipset for tv cards and not sell to the
    public) leave it down to the manufuctures that use their chipset to supply
    the drivers only and don't release their own generic drivers for us to
    download sadily.

    DKI, Sep 5, 2005
  12. I'm told that the Atheros reference drivers are currently under development,
    and are expected out "soon". Whatever that means. Your choices are simple --
    don't use wireless until the drivers become available, or buy a different,
    supported, card that uses the ralink or broadcom chipsets. Both of those are
    currently supported and working.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005
  13. Often the mfg will make it available, or you can tell from the drivers that
    load with it, or you can search the web (GIYF) for reports from other users.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?RGV2aXNpb25IVU4=?=

    Rick Guest

    Apologize for steering you in the wrong direction. You did not give the
    model information of your adapter, so when I first did a Google on
    X-Micro PCI I got a link that stated it had the Ralink chip. I have not
    been able to find any links for Atheros driver.

    Rick, Sep 6, 2005