    a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it doesn't wrap
    and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the skull has 3
    times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't laugh.
    Meat Plow, May 11, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:02:46 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line
    > is so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm
    > using a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it
    > doesn't wrap and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the
    > skull has 3 times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't
    > laugh.

    Hahahahahahahaha! Lamer.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he got cattle-prodded in the groin.
    Dan C, May 11, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    John Holmes Guest

    Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line
    > is so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm
    > using a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it
    > doesn't wrap and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the
    > skull has 3 times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't
    > laugh.

    I use this X-Face converter:
    http://www.dairiki.org/xface/xface.php
    You might wanna try it. AFAIK, X-Faces cannot be shortened, but there
    must be a way in PAN to handle them correctly.
    I do have an X-Face attached to this account, but it doesn't show up on
    the net due to the Dizum M2N route. It works when I select other M2N
    services, but they are much slower than Dizum. It is also very long, but
    it doesn't wrap in my newsreader (X-News)

    HTH

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, May 11, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-05-11, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line is
    > so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm using
    > a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it doesn't wrap
    > and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the skull has 3
    > times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't laugh.

    Can you use an external editor to remove the line-breaks from whatever file
    Pan keeps its X-Face in?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 11, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:34:03 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:02:46 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line
    >> is so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm
    >> using a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it
    >> doesn't wrap and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the
    >> skull has 3 times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't
    >> laugh.

    > H[SLAP]

    Poor wittle Dan the Troll. Must suck to live in such boredom huh?
    Meat Plow, May 11, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:50:07 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2010-05-11, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >> Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line
    >> is so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm
    >> using a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it
    >> doesn't wrap and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the
    >> skull has 3 times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't
    >> laugh.

    > Can you use an external editor to remove the line-breaks from whatever
    > file Pan keeps its X-Face in?

    Pan doesn't have a specific place for xface storage. You just add where
    you would put other X stuff like X-No-Archive, in the 'poster profile'. I
    think there is a character limit in the box. Haven't messed with it today
    but I think the solution is to make or find an image that isn't solid but
    rather just outlined in black. That would make the character string
    smaller.

    I was more interested today in getting CUPS from this laptop to
    communicate with my Windows 7 desktop PC laser printer. Didn't know I had
    to use lpd for the communications socket but after a half hour screwing
    with it I came up with a perfect solution ---- lpd://computeripaddress/
    printer-share-name. And lpd printer service has to be running in Win 7.

    So one would think the xface issue should be easy to straighten out.
    Maybe so if there is some way to make the X header not wrap. I think i
    can paste it in each post but I want it in the group poster profile.
    Meat Plow, May 11, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:50:07 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2010-05-11, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >> Trying to make an x-face of a skull and crossbones but the x-face line
    >> is so long it wraps in Pan. Anything I can do to make it smaller? I'm
    >> using a fender guitar x-face and it's line is short enough that it
    >> doesn't wrap and it is the same 1 bit 48x48 pixel as the skull yet the
    >> skull has 3 times the characters. I'm new to this x-face shit so don't
    >> laugh.

    > Can you use an external editor to remove the line-breaks from whatever
    > file Pan keeps its X-Face in?

    Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate. Posted a message
    on the Mandriva board. Also when I play a DVD to my external 32" monitor
    from the laptop VGA port the DVD player had no video, just sound. Found
    out I needed to install xvattr to configure X-org to send the DVD video
    to the player on the external port. This is where a lot of people get
    lost and discouraged with Linux. But it's good learning and if you have
    the free time it will occupy it and more :)
    Meat Plow, May 11, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:29:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > I was more interested today in getting CUPS from this laptop to
    > communicate with my Windows 7 desktop PC laser printer. Didn't know I
    > had to use lpd for the communications socket but after a half hour
    > screwing with it I came up with a perfect solution ----
    > lpd://computeripaddress/ printer-share-name.

    You didn't "come up with it". That's been standard procedure with CUPS/
    lpd forever. Only an ignorant Linux n00b wouldn't know that. LOL!

    > And lpd printer service has to be running in Win 7.

    No shit.

    > So one would think the xface issue should be easy to straighten out.

    It is. Trivial, in fact.

    > Maybe so if there is some way to make the X header not wrap.

    You're getting warmer... LOL n00b.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he found Piglet in bed with Eeyore.
    Dan C, May 11, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:39:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    > posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate.

    Doesn't do that for me. Ever.

    > Posted a message on the Mandriva board.

    LOL! The blind leading the blind! ROFL

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he hacked up a hairball.
    Dan C, May 11, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:53:03 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:29:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> I was more interested today in getting CUPS from this laptop to
    >> communicate with my Windows 7 desktop PC laser printer. Didn't know I
    >> had to use lpd for the communications socket but after a half hour
    >> screwing with it I came up with a perfect solution ----
    >> lpd://computeripaddress/ printer-share-name.

    > You[SLAP)

    Poor Dan, such a wanking sad excuse for the waste of human DNA...
    Meat Plow, May 12, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:54:41 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:39:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    >> posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate.

    > Doesn't[SLAP]

    Sad wanker Dan. Someone get him a new pony his ran out of its only trick.

    heh
    Meat Plow, May 12, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 11:06:34 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On 11 May 2010 17:54:41 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:39:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    >>> posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate.

    >>Doesn't do that for me. Ever.

    > Easy fix. You need to format your hard drive.

    One can only imagine the countless hours Wanker Dan has spent pounding
    his fists at segfaults, crashes, bootloader corruption, kernel faults
    and all the bugs Slopware has.
    Meat Plow, May 12, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:19:14 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:53:03 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:29:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was more interested today in getting CUPS from this laptop to
    >>> communicate with my Windows 7 desktop PC laser printer. Didn't know I
    >>> had to use lpd for the communications socket but after a half hour
    >>> screwing with it I came up with a perfect solution ----
    >>> lpd://computeripaddress/ printer-share-name.

    >> You[SLAP)

    > Poor Dan, such a wanking sad excuse for the waste of human DNA...

    When you see someone snip someone's entire post, and then add a simple ad
    hominem insult/attack, you know that person has been:

    PWNED.

    By the one he can't stand to quote.

    Another WIN! LOL

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, May 12, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:49:58 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:19:14 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> You[SLAP)

    >> Poor Dan, such a wanking sad excuse for the waste of human DNA...

    > When[SLAP]

    Poor Dan can't stand to have his idiotic spew not quoted. Do you need a
    hankie to sop up those giant tears Dannyboi? How about a shoulder to cry
    on or a hug? You're such a sad fucking excuse for a waste of human flesh
    you wanking fucktard.

    heh
    Meat Plow, May 13, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:39:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    > posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate.

    Funny you should mention that. I've been getting exactly the same thing
    for months. I thought it was as a result of me fucking with the
    configuration files a while ago.

    Hmmm....

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>
    Aardvark, May 25, 2010
  16. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:31:11 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:39:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Forgot to mention another fish to fry. Pan .133 often crashes while
    >> posting with no rhyme or reason that I can duplicate.

    > Funny you should mention that. I've been getting exactly the same thing
    > for months. I thought it was as a result of me fucking with the
    > configuration files a while ago.
    >
    > Hmmm....

    I have narrowed it down to the amount of quoted text in the body of your
    reply. The more you quote the more likely it is to crash after it posts.
    I wishthe log file got saved. Might show some errors. But it might not,
    depends on how verbose the output is.
    Meat Plow, May 25, 2010