    so what?

    Thanks in advance...

    Ray

    Ray, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Ray

    TB Guest

    "Ray" wrote:

    > Hey Y'all...
    > I used to use DVD x-copy Platinum on my Win 2000 OS but when I upgraded to
    > xp pro the program won't start without reentering the user id and

    password.
    > I have since lost them. Any Ideas? Should I just get something else and

    if
    > so what?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    The DVDX Copy programs have been rendered unusable via a code sent through
    any registered user's internet connection because the company is no longer
    in business having lost their case against the RIAA.

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 6, 2004

  3. TB wrote:

    > The DVDX Copy programs have been rendered unusable via a code sent through
    > any registered user's internet connection because the company is no longer
    > in business having lost their case against the RIAA.

    I'm a registered Gold product user and use it all the
    time, it hasn't been rendered useless by any kind of
    automatic Internet update.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Ray

    TB Guest

    "Darrel Christenson" wrote:

    > TB wrote:
    >
    > > The DVDX Copy programs have been rendered unusable via a code sent

    through
    > > any registered user's internet connection because the company is no

    longer
    > > in business having lost their case against the RIAA.

    > I'm a registered Gold product user and use it all the
    > time, it hasn't been rendered useless by any kind of
    > automatic Internet update.

    Interesting. Do you maintain a active internet connection on the pc that the
    software in installed upon? My copy, which is store bought and legit, worked
    fine until a few weeks after 321 Studios shut their doors. Then I started
    getting a prompt to basically register my software all over again that would
    simply kick back to the registration diolog box once I entered the serial
    number and password on the sticker in the keepcase. Reinstalling the
    software from the cd didn't help and after some inquiring, was told that the
    software was rendered "inert" because it's now basically illegal.

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 6, 2004
  5. TB wrote:

    > Interesting. Do you maintain a active internet connection on the pc that the
    > software in installed upon? My copy, which is store bought and legit, worked
    > fine until a few weeks after 321 Studios shut their doors. Then I started
    > getting a prompt to basically register my software all over again that would
    > simply kick back to the registration diolog box once I entered the serial
    > number and password on the sticker in the keepcase. Reinstalling the
    > software from the cd didn't help and after some inquiring, was told that the
    > software was rendered "inert" because it's now basically illegal.

    I have an all the time connected broadband connection,
    all that happens when I run the app is the same which is
    it asks if I want to check for updates which I pass on
    and then it going about it's business of making my copies.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Oct 6, 2004
  6. "Ray" <> writes:

    > Hey Y'all...
    > I used to use DVD x-copy Platinum on my Win 2000 OS but when I upgraded to
    > xp pro the program won't start without reentering the user id and password.
    > I have since lost them. Any Ideas? Should I just get something else and if
    > so what?

    www.dvdshrink.org

    Way better than X-Copy and it's free.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Ray

    Guest

    On 06 Oct 2004 11:15:09 -0400, Scott Streeter <> wrote:

    >"Ray" <> writes:
    >
    >> Hey Y'all...
    >> I used to use DVD x-copy Platinum on my Win 2000 OS but when I upgraded to
    >> xp pro the program won't start without reentering the user id and password.
    >> I have since lost them. Any Ideas? Should I just get something else and if
    >> so what?

    >www.dvdshrink.org
    >
    >Way better than X-Copy and it's free.

    DVDShrink is very good, although for some reason it refused
    point-blank to make a backup copy of 'The Punisher' which i had to do
    using DVD X Copy Plat..

    ubertoadie

    , Oct 6, 2004
  8. I'd try DVDShrink or DVDFab. You can find out where to download these by
    going to www.videohelp.com and looking in the TOOLS section.

    Andrew Livelsberger, Oct 9, 2004