  1. I have two drives set up in a raid configuration. Set up seems to be running
    fine until it tries to access my hard drives. I have no problems with them
    but x 64 set up cannot find them.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyY3VzOTQy?=, Jan 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFyY3VzOTQy?=

    BSchwarz Guest

    marcus942 Wrote:
    > I have two drives set up in a raid configuration. Set up seems to be
    > running
    > fine until it tries to access my hard drives. I have no problems with
    > them
    > but x 64 set up cannot find them.

    Did you load the raid drivers during setup?
    When setup first starts it says to hit F5 if you need to install any
    raid drivers. Once you do that and load the drivers setup will see your
    drives.

    --
    BSchwarz

    BSchwarz, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Ah, that should be 'F6'. And the drivers will have to be 64bit. Take care
    about this, not all system CD's come along with any 64bit drivers, as they
    are commonly delivered with XP Home (32bit).

    You may have to scrutinize the manual to find out what chip is driving the
    RAID, in order to find the producer of the driver.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 7, 2006
  4. The manual seems to be no help. I have been attempting to use the device
    manager and have come up with only the names; Promise FastTrack 378, Intel
    8201 FB/FBM Ultra ADA-266F. I clearly do not know what I am doing. Any
    further advice on identifying the RAID driving chip manufacturer?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyY3VzOTQy?=, Jan 7, 2006
  5. O.K. - 'Promise', sounds promising, since they make chips. Although, if it
    is an Intel board, you might have to search for it there as well. (might
    have their own configuration) But I would go promise first!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 7, 2006
  6. For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx

    And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
    setup, and why you care:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx

    HTH

    --