    Anyone with any experience here?

    Thanks a lot
    Sascha
    Sascha E. Pollok, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Sascha E. Pollok

    Frank Beider Guest

    I have done in the past here is a sample configuration. You will have to
    replace the RFC 1918 10 Network addresses with IP addresses for your
    situation. Note the comments in the configuration.

    x25 routing

    interface Loopback0
    ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0
    no ip directed-broadcast

    interface Serial1
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    encapsulation x25 dce
    no ip mroute-cache
    x25 htc 800
    !the above x25 statement may need some "tuning" for your situation

    x25 route 202 interface Serial1
    !note the 202 is the X.25 address you want to get to
    !
    translate tcp 10.1.2.2 x25 202
    !the above statment translates 10.1.2.2 IP address to x25 202
    !when you telnet to 10.1.2.2 you get the x.25 application

    Frank Beider, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Frank Beider <> wrote:

    Frank,

    thanks for your email. This is quite similar to the configuration I have:

    !
    x25 routing
    !
    interface Serial0/1
    description X.25 link
    no ip address
    encapsulation x25
    x25 address 76880900
    x25 htc 8
    no cdp enable
    lapb T1 20000
    lapb N1 4168
    !
    x25 route 12345678 interface Serial0/1
    !
    translate tcp 192.168.150.2 stream x25 12345678

    When we connect to the IP address, we get some login-prompt of the
    X.25 host. They say, I should be connected to some kind of application
    and that the reason for the login prompt is, that we come in as
    X.29 terminal and not as a pure X.25 connection. Damn... I never
    thought I would need to care about this stuff...

    Any more ideas? :)

    Thanks
    Sascha

    Sascha E. Pollok, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Sascha E. Pollok

    Frank Beider Guest

    > When we connect to the IP address, we get some login-prompt of the
    > X.25 host. They say, I should be connected to some kind of application
    > and that the reason for the login prompt is, that we come in as
    > X.29 terminal and not as a pure X.25 connection. Damn... I never
    > thought I would need to care about this stuff...
    >
    > Any more ideas? :)

    This is how it exactly works for me. I get a login in prompt to the host.
    Now I am not sure about your end application.

    Do you have to come in on a specific virtual channel (VC) to access the
    specific application.

    Have you seen this actually work like it is described to you? If so then a
    protocol analyzer of the data stream may give you some clue.
    Frank Beider, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Sascha E. Pollok

    Julio Arruda Guest

    Frank Beider wrote:
    >>When we connect to the IP address, we get some login-prompt of the
    >>X.25 host. They say, I should be connected to some kind of application
    >>and that the reason for the login prompt is, that we come in as
    >>X.29 terminal and not as a pure X.25 connection. Damn... I never
    >>thought I would need to care about this stuff...
    >>
    >>Any more ideas? :)
    >>

    > This is how it exactly works for me. I get a login in prompt to the host.
    > Now I am not sure about your end application.
    >
    > Do you have to come in on a specific virtual channel (VC) to access the
    > specific application.
    >
    > Have you seen this actually work like it is described to you? If so then a
    > protocol analyzer of the data stream may give you some clue.

    Most of the time, the X.25 would send in the call setup "User Data"
    field the "protocol id", if you are doing PAD/X.29, this would be 0x01,
    if doing RFC 1356, 0xCC for IP, SNA/QLLC would be C3 (?), and the X25
    software in the host would tie this VC based on this field to the
    specific application/protocol stack. What CUD is expected by your
    application ? I guess you can configure the protocol translation to send
    this on your call setup when a TCP connection comes in..
    Julio Arruda, Dec 2, 2003