    Thanks for any help/hints.

    Best regards

    Bernhard Roth

    Bernhard Roth, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Bernhard Roth

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have a 1601 router with IOS 12.2(7d) installed. I have a ISDN BRI
    > Interface inside which is used to connect to the X.25 network (X.25
    > over D-Channel [X.31 case B]). I want to forward all the incoming X.25
    > packets to a host running a XOT daemon. All the X.25 packets received
    > by the router with XOT should be forwarded directly to the X.25
    > network. Can this be done and if yes how? I tried many things already
    > but no working results yet.
    >
    > Thanks for any help/hints.

    I don't follow. You want to route everything (x25) to the host?

    The "All the X.25 packets received by the router with XOT should be
    forwarded directly to the X.25 network." is confusing me.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Bernhard Roth

    HRB Guest

    One or two years back i was trying to do a similar setup (in
    Switzerland). My experience was, that IOS only supports X.31 Case B
    for outgoing calls but handles incoming calls as X.31 case A (x.25
    packets over one of the B-channels instead over D-channel).
    Therfore i suggest you use a ISDN TA which is capable of handling X.31
    case B and connect its serial interface (back-to-back) with a serial
    interface (configured with x.25 encapsulation)on the router. The x.25
    packets coming in over this serial interface can then be x25-routed as
    XOT to the host.

    regards
    Hansrudolf

    HRB, Sep 8, 2004