    what else can I do to fix this (pls dont say re-install)

    Thanks in advance!
    AS of HQ

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRhc2Fsd2F5cw==?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. "confusedasalways" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a couple of networked systems that after sysclean-ing
    > [pe_finaldo.b]
    > will no longer connect via WZCSVC because the ndis usermode i/o protocol
    > driver fails.
    >
    > sc query WZCSVC returns 0 (zero) startup
    >
    > I have managed to get a couple of them to connect after installing oem
    > configuration managers but not all of them. While the oem cfg mgr's work
    > they
    > are not WZC that everyone likes and is allready configured with all
    > locations.
    >
    > what else can I do to fix this (pls dont say re-install)
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > AS of HQ

    The quick and really dirty way to get around a lot of "was working yesterday
    just fine but now is not" problems that I use:

    Restore mode.

    If there is no time to track down WHY and we just need the machine running
    NOW, then I use restore mode to kick it back to what it was. Works a lot of
    the time, too. Try it.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 24, 2006

  3. System Restore? No can do S. R. disabled to stop virus reinstallation. I have
    not checked driver rollback though. Would the driver rollback feature be tied
    in with S. R. or a seperate database?
    Thanks for the info tho!
    --
    Coming soon! WW4 - Global Warming, Man VS His Legacy
    If you look the other way dont B!T(]-[ about it later.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRhc2Fsd2F5cw==?=, Jun 25, 2006
  4. "confusedasalways" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > System Restore? No can do S. R. disabled to stop virus reinstallation. I
    > have

    Silly mistake doing that.

    > not checked driver rollback though. Would the driver rollback feature be
    > tied
    > in with S. R. or a seperate database?
    > Thanks for the info tho!

    You could roll back drivers. It MAY work but it may not be the cause of the
    problem. Try it and see what happens but before trying it, enable System
    Restore and create a restore point so that if roll back makes things worse,
    you can restore.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 26, 2006
  5. Silly Mistake - ??? Says you - !!!
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831829 and a multitude of other sites.!
    Too many Diam-a-ntina coctails?

    Appoligies to any reader offended by my offended response!

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRhc2Fsd2F5cw==?=, Jun 26, 2006
  6. "confusedasalways" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Silly Mistake - ??? Says you - !!!
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831829 and a multitude of other sites.!
    > Too many Diam-a-ntina coctails?
    >
    > Appoligies to any reader offended by my offended response!

    That's OK. Many people turn System Restore off thinking it is a good thing.
    It is a common mistake and yes it IS silly. You are paying for that mistake
    right now. A simple System Restore may WELL have fixed the problem easily.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 26, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRhc2Fsd2F5cw==?=

    Count Doofus

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Cut it out. Most people turn off System Restore after they were infected by a VIRUS. It sounds like this is exactly what he/she is dealing with, so let's keep the responses positive and to the point.

    Was your system infected by a virus such as hldrrr.exe, mdelk.exe, or srosa.exe after you visited a web page ? I mistyped and address and had to deal with this once.

    Count Doofus, Aug 17, 2008