    am trying to diasabe windows xp from configuring my wireless connection and
    use the softaware that comes with my adapter. but to do this i need the
    wireless connection tab which isnt showing
    =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=, Jan 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=

    Lance Guest

    I think you've already succeeded in your quest. Windows is telling you
    that the Wireless Zero Config service is disabled.

    To be sure you can Start/Run and type in services.msc in the Run box
    then hit return. The services list will pop up and you can scroll down
    the list and view the status of the WZC service.

    When you install the software that comes with wireless cards, the
    software normally disables WZC automatically.

    Make sure the software is actually designed for WinXP and not just for
    Win9x/2000 (I made that mistake).

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Lance are u sure that 'the software normally disables WZC automatically'. i
    think it may not be working or something. my brothers wireless connection
    works and i checked to see the status of the WZC and it is started. (but he
    is using a different kind of adapter). anyways my adapter works with xp.
    problem still unsolved...

    =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=, Jan 1, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=

    Lance Guest

    I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. WZC is stopped, you have the Intel
    software installed, the Device manager shows the adapter is OK. So
    what's not working?

    In another post mavermik98 asked you to look for a switch located
    somewhere on the laptop to turn the wireless on/off. He also mentioned
    that some laptops require you press a certain combination of keys that
    do the same thing. This is your next step.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Jan 2, 2006