    Apart from reinstalling windows ( lost the recovery CD...attempting to get a
    replacement), is there any other way to solve the problem?

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?YTlmYw==?=, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Did you try to start the wzc service in Control Panel ?
    Just a hint
    Arkady

    "a9fc" <> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > One of my computers' a Dell Dimension 2400 and it has problems with

    wireless
    > connections. Before the SP2 installation, configuring the wireless

    settings

    Arkady Frenkel, Jan 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YTlmYw==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    ??? What is "windows services directory" ?
    Please open command prompt and type
    SC START WZCSVC
    Will it start?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jan 9, 2005
  4. Nope, it says that the device is not installed.

    Lol...note to self..how the hell did it get removed...

    =?Utf-8?B?YTlmYw==?=, Jan 19, 2005
  5. The thing is, it can't be started. It cant be found to be started. =\

    =?Utf-8?B?YTlmYw==?=, Jan 19, 2005
  6. I have exactely the same problem.
    Some stupid smuck took laptop of my colleague, tried to setup WiFi at home.
    Stupid smuck installed everything that he could from D-Link CD and that
    fucked up WZC (stupid installed even drivers for USB WiFi card, even if
    computer has WiFi!).

    So, the problem is, there is no Wireless Zero Configuration service now,
    same as by a9fc.

    The question is, how do I reinstall WZC??

    =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZGltaXI=?=, Jan 24, 2005
  7. BTW, I managed to start service, here is how:

    1. Right-click on the WiFi Connection icon in My Connections and select
    Properties from the context menu.
    2. In the Local Area Connections Properties window, on the General tab,
    click the Install button.
    3. In the Select Network Component Type window, in the Click the type of
    network box, click to select the Service icon.
    4. Click the Add button.
    5. In the Select Network Service window, click the Have Disk button.
    6. Click the OK button.
    7. In the Install From Disk window, click the Browse button.
    8. In the Locate File window, browse to the C:\Windows\Inf folder (this is a
    hidden folder).
    9. Click to select NETWZC.INF.
    10. Click the Open button.
    11. In the Install from Disk window, click the OK button.
    12. In the Select Network Service window, in the Network Service box, select
    Microsoft as the manufacturer, and then click to select Wireless Zero
    Configuration.
    13. Click the OK button.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZGltaXI=?=, Jan 24, 2005
  8. "Vladimir" a écrit :

    > BTW, I managed to start service, here is how:
    >
    > 1. Right-click on the WiFi Connection icon in My Connections and select
    > Properties from the context menu.
    > 2. In the Local Area Connections Properties window, on the General tab,
    > click the Install button.
    > 3. In the Select Network Component Type window, in the Click the type of
    > network box, click to select the Service icon.
    > 4. Click the Add button.
    > 5. In the Select Network Service window, click the Have Disk button.
    > 6. Click the OK button.
    > 7. In the Install From Disk window, click the Browse button.
    > 8. In the Locate File window, browse to the C:\Windows\Inf folder (this is a
    > hidden folder).
    > 9. Click to select NETWZC.INF.
    > 10. Click the Open button.
    > 11. In the Install from Disk window, click the OK button.
    > 12. In the Select Network Service window, in the Network Service box, select
    > Microsoft as the manufacturer, and then click to select Wireless Zero
    > Configuration.
    > 13. Click the OK button.

    I have the exact same problem : can't find WZC service !
    I tried the solution above but nothing happens.
    It looks like it has installed the service but WZC appears nowhere in the
    services list (even after reboot).
    No WZC service to be started means no "wireless tab" in the "properties" of
    my wireless connection.
    No "wireless tab" means that I cannot uncheck the box "let windows manage my
    wireless connection".
    It is funny not be able to start a service that would allow me to shut it
    down ...

    I also tried 3 solutions proposed here : http://ecross.mvps.org/faq.htm
    Did not work.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2VyTg==?=, May 13, 2005