    issue. If you could give me any idea as to why this is happening, it would be
    EXTREMELY helpful. I the mean time, I am forced to use the third party
    application that came with it to get online. Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless1#wzc
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 19, 2007

  3. As I stated previously, I have done all of that. I have gone through the
    regedit, I have used services.msc, I have installed wzc from the network
    connections>properties using netwzc.inf, and STILL nothing. Im at a loss,
    because it has done this with 3 separate adapters, and I know that they work,
    because Im on the internet talking to you guys right now. It is NOT a driver
    issue (with the adapter anyways), and I know to turn off the third party app
    to use wzc, but when I do everything, I dont get any icon, or even a glimmer
    of a connection shown through wzc.

    this whole thing is just aggravating beyond belief, because the linksys
    management app that was supplied is actually OVERRIDING other people on my
    network and kicking them off, because they are using wzc, instead of the
    linksys monitor (I don't know why, it just is. just a random phenomenas far
    as I can tell.)

    =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    uninstall the Linksys app and try using only WZC.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Apr 19, 2007
  5. Have you looked at the User Guide? In particular Appendix B: Windows XP
    Wireless Zero Configuration
    If you don't have the users guide, go to the below URL and when the page
    loads, choose your version from the dropdown and then there is a link to
    download the User Guide:

    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...1116411B01&displaypage=download#versiondetail

    John

    =?Utf-8?B?dnBjNWZhbg==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  6. If you have have already looked at Appendix B: Windows XP Wireless Zero
    Configuration of the user guide, are you having the same issue with other
    wireless adapters (if you have any others)? I.E does the issue appear to be a
    Windows XP problem?
    John

    =?Utf-8?B?dnBjNWZhbg==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  7. Again, I've done all of that. I have 4 separate adapters that I have tried
    now, and it does this with ALL of them. 3 of them are linksys, 1 is netgear.
    Look, it's not like I'm computer illiterate. I've been working with computers
    since I was 6. I know my way around the OS, as well as third party software.

    I've already looked at the manual, as well as uninstalled the linksys
    software and driver, and reinstalled just the driver using the updated driver
    from online. as a new hardware installation.

    do you see now why I'm getting irritated? No one seems to know the answer,
    or a way to find the right answer. I keep finding stuff I've already done.
    Even when I message tech support themselves they just redirected me to stuff
    I've already gone over.

    Please stop treating me like I'm an idiot. I wouldn't have bothered posting
    on here if the solution was so simple.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=

    Lem Guest

    Aztroth wrote:
    > Again, I've done all of that. I have 4 separate adapters that I have tried
    > now, and it does this with ALL of them. 3 of them are linksys, 1 is netgear.
    > Look, it's not like I'm computer illiterate. I've been working with computers
    > since I was 6. I know my way around the OS, as well as third party software.
    >
    > I've already looked at the manual, as well as uninstalled the linksys
    > software and driver, and reinstalled just the driver using the updated driver
    > from online. as a new hardware installation.
    >
    > do you see now why I'm getting irritated? No one seems to know the answer,
    > or a way to find the right answer. I keep finding stuff I've already done.
    > Even when I message tech support themselves they just redirected me to stuff
    > I've already gone over.
    >
    > Please stop treating me like I'm an idiot. I wouldn't have bothered posting
    > on here if the solution was so simple.
    >
    > "vpc5fan" wrote:
    >
    >> If you have have already looked at Appendix B: Windows XP Wireless Zero
    >> Configuration of the user guide, are you having the same issue with other
    >> wireless adapters (if you have any others)? I.E does the issue appear to be a
    >> Windows XP problem?
    >> John
    >>
    >> "vpc5fan" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have you looked at the User Guide? In particular Appendix B: Windows XP
    >>> Wireless Zero Configuration
    >>> If you don't have the users guide, go to the below URL and when the page
    >>> loads, choose your version from the dropdown and then there is a link to
    >>> download the User Guide:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...1116411B01&displaypage=download#versiondetail
    >>>
    >>> John

    Calm down. I realize that it's frustrating to be given suggestions that
    you've already followed, but we don't know what "done all of that"
    includes or doesn't include. And, we can't see your computer, so we
    have to ask some seemingly basic questions.

    Furthermore, some of the things you've written don't make any sense.
    For example, "the linksys management app that was supplied is actually
    OVERRIDING other people on my network and kicking them off, because they
    are using wzc, instead of the linksys monitor." If users of other
    computers, with different wireless adapters installed, are getting
    "kicked off" your wireless network when you access it, that more likely
    is a function of your use of "pre-n" hardware with older 802.11g or
    802.11b hardware. What router are you using and what adapters are being
    used by the people who are getting kicked off?

    You do realize that so-called 802.11n devices are not standard because
    the 802.11n standard has not yet been adopted, and that it isn't
    scheduled to be adopted until at least October 2008? If you want to use
    bleeding edge equipment, be prepared to bleed.

    I assume that "I have already installed wzc using the netwzc.inf file,
    as well, as started it in the administrative tools, but there is STILL
    nothing showing" means that you found an entry for wireless
    configuration services when you ran services.msc, and that you started
    it manually. I also assume that because you said that you started it,
    when you looked in the management console, it initially showed a status
    of "Stopped." I also assume that you set the "Startup Type" to
    "automatic" (if it wasn't already set that way). Assumptions correct?

    Does "nothing showing" mean that there is (a) no Wireless Network
    Connection icon for the WUSB300N in the Network Connections screen, (b)
    no "Wireless Networks" tab when you view Wireless Network Connections
    Properties for the WUSB300N, or (c) no Authentication tab in the
    Wireless Network Connection properties?

    After you start the wzc service, open a command prompt window and type
    "sc query wzcsvc" (without quotes), then press Enter. What does it
    indicate for "Status"? Are there any non-zero Exit Codes?

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Apr 19, 2007
  9. "Lem" wrote:

> [...]

    > configuration services when you ran services.msc, and that you started
    > it manually. I also assume that because you said that you started it,
    > when you looked in the management console, it initially showed a status
    > of "Stopped." I also assume that you set the "Startup Type" to
    > "automatic" (if it wasn't already set that way). Assumptions correct?
    >
    > Does "nothing showing" mean that there is (a) no Wireless Network
    > Connection icon for the WUSB300N in the Network Connections screen, (b)
    > no "Wireless Networks" tab when you view Wireless Network Connections
    > Properties for the WUSB300N, or (c) no Authentication tab in the
    > Wireless Network Connection properties?
    >
    > After you start the wzc service, open a command prompt window and type
    > "sc query wzcsvc" (without quotes), then press Enter. What does it
    > indicate for "Status"? Are there any non-zero Exit Codes?

    Well, the answer is 'a' on that one. and it's not because it's 802.11n (yes
    I know the n series has some issues reported with it). the other 3 adapters I
    have used were all 802.11g.

    and what I meant when I said that I installed it, I mean that I added it as
    a networking service/protocol, and the file name is netwzc.inf. and when I
    started it in services.msc, I set it to automatic, and it wasn't stopped,
    because it wasn't there before I added it as a service/protocol.

    when I said that it's 'overriding them' I meant exactly that. for some
    reason, when my computer is online using the third party app, everyone else
    on my network gets kicked off. I dont know why, but thats why Im trying to
    get wzc active so that I can fix that.

    and to answer your last question:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>sc query wzcsvc

    SERVICE_NAME: wzcsvc
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 1 STOPPED
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    it is currently stopped because I stopped it so that I could get back online
    again using the linksys manager.
    =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QXp0cm90aA==?=

    Lem Guest

    Aztroth wrote:

> [...]

    > because it wasn't there before I added it as a service/protocol.
    >
    > when I said that it's 'overriding them' I meant exactly that. for some
    > reason, when my computer is online using the third party app, everyone else
    > on my network gets kicked off. I dont know why, but thats why Im trying to
    > get wzc active so that I can fix that.
    >
    > and to answer your last question:
    > Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    > (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>sc query wzcsvc
    >
    > SERVICE_NAME: wzcsvc
    > TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    > STATE : 1 STOPPED
    > (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    > WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    > SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    > CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    > WAIT_HINT : 0x0
    >
    > it is currently stopped because I stopped it so that I could get back online

    I still don't understand how using Linksys software on one computer can
    affect other computers, but let's pass that. It's also not helpful to
    have run the sc query after you manually stopped wzc. The idea was to
    see if something (other than you) was stopping it. Pass that also.

    According to Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242
    <quote>
    If you do not see the Wireless Connection icon in the Network
    Connections folder or if you cannot view the properties, there is a
    problem with the driver for the wireless network adapter. To
    troubleshoot this problem, see the "Driver Installation Issues" section.
    </quote>

    The advice in the "Driver Installation Issues" section is not very
    helpful and doesn't seem to be anything that you haven't done already.
    Based on other comments in that KB article, however, it seems to me that
    the issue is NOT wzc -- which could explain why your efforts to install
    it and start it, etc., have not helped.

    I know you said that this product is 100% compatible with wzc, and I
    know that you said that you had both used the CD and downloaded the
    driver directly, but there you go.

    The only thing I can suggest is that you search/post in the forums at
    http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php (unless you have already done
    that). Perhaps there is something idiosyncratic about the WUSB300N. If
    so, those guys probably know about it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

    Hold the phone. I almost missed the part where you said that you had
    the same difficulty with 3 different 802.11g adapters. If these were
    all USB adapters, then perhaps your problem is not with the adapters,
    but with your USB ports. Have you checked Device Manager to see if the
    USB ports and controller(s) are all working? No yellow ! or "ghost"
    installations? Have you tried the adapter(s) in different USB ports?
    Do other USB devices work OK? If you have a non-USB keyboard, you might
    try uninstalling all of the USB controllers and re-boot to let Windows
    find and re-install them (if you only have a USB keyboard, this is too
    risky to try -- you will probably be asked for some input on the
    re-boot, and if you don't have a working input device, you'll wish you did).

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Apr 19, 2007
  11. Hi
    What kind of security you are using.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 20, 2007
  12. If you have installed different network adapters and they are not showing up
    under network connections, it is likely due to a problem with Windows
    Management Instrumentation (WMI). If you open System Information it may
    complain that WMI isn't working. If you are having a problem with WMI there
    are ways to fix it short or repairing windows but given your previous reply
    to me, this is as far as I am willing to go other than giving you a tip. If
    people that are trying to help you suggest you try something you have already
    tried, you should just ignore it!

    John

    =?Utf-8?B?dnBjNWZhbg==?=, Apr 20, 2007