WZC blank; connects to first network.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mewgirl, Jun 18, 2013.

1. mewgirl

mewgirl

The Windows XP computer shows nothing ever in the WZC box that is supposed to show all broadcasting connections, but after enabling "Connect automatically to nonpreferred networks" (which for some reason I later discovered was not already enabled), it does connect to the network. Obviously this will still be a problem for any time there is a network using one of those retarded Cisco things in the way, or any other login pages with passwords, or for any home user who has a password but does not know his SSID and/or extraneous "configuration options". What's very strange is that the computer worked, then did not even shut down but just hibernated, before not working the next time I opened it up. This is not a result of any services as any services that were changed were recorded from the System Restore which shows networks, and changed back after undoing the System Restore, which did not solve the problem. I did delete ADS from every file (the article said that they were being used to put that retarded "block" attribute on files, but failed to mention that ADS is used for other purposes or that the retard-"block" only applied specifically to files that were downloaded from Internet Explorer and that no file on your computer will natively have them), but I fail to see how an ADS can cause networks to fail to appear if the "program" is still connecting to the one it detects first.
    mewgirl, Jun 18, 2013
    1. Advertising