    c) Web pages to dispay own pictures

    Thank you very much for your advise.

    Josef
    Josef Laupheimer, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Josef Laupheimer

    HRosita Guest

    >Josef Laupheimer wrote:

    >a) Web pages General Information
    >What are good web pages about digital photographing
    >
    >b) Software
    >I am looking for the best software concerning:
    >- Datatransfer
    >- Database
    > - Quickview
    >- Presentations of Pictures
    >- Printouts
    >- Automatic data reduction from eg 1 MB to 100 kb for display in the internet>
    >c) Web pages to dispay own pictures>
    >Thank you very much for your advise.

    Hi,

    Here are my suggestions, others may have different views.

    For fast viewing images, renaming compressing the best software I found is
    Irfanview. It is free and has many options including contact sheets, slide
    shows, compression, and some editing.
    Download it for free from www.irfanview.com

    For more in depth editing I would buy Photoshops Elements 2.

    For cataloging Photoshop Album 2.

    Sometimes you can find the two above bundled together for a better price.

    For tutorials and other subjects on digital photography search Google for
    tutorials.
    they are there for the asking.

    Here is one url that looks good:
    http://www.oldtownmeeting.com/phototutorials.htm

    I use FotoTime to upload my pictures. They charge about $20 a year but there
    are quite a few free sites.

    Hope this helps to get you started

    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Josef Laupheimer

    Don Coon Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message

    Snip

    > Download it for free from www.irfanview.com
    >
    > For more in depth editing I would buy Photoshops Elements 2.
    >
    > For cataloging Photoshop Album 2.
    >
    > Sometimes you can find the two above bundled together for a better price.

    I've seen this bundle for $60 after rebates at CompUSA. I think it's
    available there right now. Good choice.

    Don Coon, Dec 21, 2003
  4. PeterZiminski, Dec 22, 2003