    would be very gratefu

    Many thanks

    Michael Dodsworth
    Michael Dodsworth, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Michael Dodsworth

    Stu Guest

    wupdate.exe is adware.

    Try removing it using spybot search and destroy or Adaware. More info
    can be found on:-

    http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.wengs.html

    Stuart

    Stu, Mar 2, 2004

  3. cheers stu. Thanks for your help
    Michael Dodsworth, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Michael Dodsworth

    gb Guest

    Stu

    This is the Windows Update facility. What Stu says may be relevant if you
    have the virus, but only you can determine whether you have the virus or
    not.

    gb

    gb, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Michael Dodsworth

    Stu Guest

    Actually your wrong. The windows update facility is called wupdmgr.exe
    not wupdate.exe

    Stu, Mar 3, 2004
  6. i am confused now. I never said i thought it was the windows update thing.
    I would just like to know what wupdate.exe is and how to get rid of it

    Michael Dodsworth
    Michael Dodsworth, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Michael Dodsworth

    Stu Guest

    I know you didnt, the other post from someone else did. Try spybot or
    Adaware and it shouldnt be a problem anymore.

    Stu, Mar 3, 2004
  8. okey dokey, just tried both and neither stopped it. Any other suggestions?

    Michael Dodsworth
    Michael Dodsworth, Mar 3, 2004
  9. Michael Dodsworth

    Scote Guest