wudfrd.sys BSOD error on start up - Vista Ultimate 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by MichaelMan, Nov 22, 2007.

  1. MichaelMan

    MichaelMan Guest

    Hello Everyone! I just got a new computer and I was installing Hellgate
    London and FIFA 08. AFter the completed instalations my Mouse froze in Vista
    so I decided to restart it. And i have been recieving the following error
    sevre since and I cannot load into Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit Normally only
    in Safe Mode.

    Error:

    STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, QFFFFF98010E4DD99, oxFFFFF9801177A3F8,
    0xFFFFF98011779DD0)

    *** WUDFRd.sys - Address FFFFF98010E4DD99 base at FFFFF98010E40000,
    Datestamp 4549bdbd

    Collecting data for crash dump...
    Initializing disk for crash dump...
    Begining dump of physical memory...
    Dumping physical memory to disk...(10-100)

    The system is just a day old. I am really shocked at having a problem in the
    first day.

    Any help in fixing this is greatly appreciated.

    My System Specs are;
    Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
    4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM (OCZ)
    Gigabyte X38-DS5 Motherboard

    Thank You

    Michael
    MichaelMan, Nov 22, 2007

  2. MichaelMan

    Carlos Guest

    MichaelMan,
    Boot into Safe Mode and run a system restore to a state previous to the
    installation of the games.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 22, 2007

  3. MichaelMan

    MichaelMan Guest

    Hi Carlos. Thanks for that but i actually tried that last night but it didnt
    work....today it worked....i have no idea whats going on...hehe....if install
    the games again do you think it will happen again?

    MichaelMan, Nov 22, 2007
  4. MichaelMan

    Carlos Guest

    MichaelMan,
    I really don't have any reference of those games.
    If I were you I would google around and see if I can find any info about
    people having issues with them.
    You might also want to check the game manufacturer's web site and see if
    they have patches, workarounds, forums, etc.
    There is also a MS Vista game forum you can check.
    If you want to take your chances again create a restore point and install
    one game.
    Reboot and see what happens.
    Do it at your own risk!
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 22, 2007
  5. MichaelMan

    MichaelMan Guest

    It was not the games...I just reinstalled Nortan 360, which is mean to work
    on vista, and i got the BSOD again, the exact same one....sigh...no computer
    protection for me..hehe

    MichaelMan, Nov 23, 2007
  6. MichaelMan

    Carlos Guest

    MichaelMan,
    Make your life easier.
    Stay away from Norton bloatware and just use:
    1.- Windows Firewall (free, included in Vista)
    2.- Windows Defender (free, included in Vista)
    3.- Avast Antivirus (www.avast.com) or any of the other freeware
    alternatives recommended in this NG.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 23, 2007
  7. Hear, hear!

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Nov 23, 2007
  8. Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2007
  9. MichaelMan

    Clayton Guest

    I am still having problems with my Nokia Data Suite sofware with this error
    and BSOD, I've decided to give up trying to fix the problem

    Clayton, Nov 25, 2007