    do I get rid of it.
    TIA.

    , Jul 7, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 22:06:02 GMT, wrote:

    >WinXP Pro
    >
    >Hi
    >I'm having problems with this file, machine freezing, crashing etc I
    >know the legitimate file is to do with Windows Update but I've read it
    >can be corrupted. I have 3 of them in System32!! If I'm infected how
    >do I get rid of it.

    You cannot have 3 of the same file in the same directory.

    Evan Platt, Jul 7, 2007

  3. Guest

    wrote:

    >WinXP Pro
    >
    >Hi
    >I'm having problems with this file, machine freezing, crashing etc I
    >know the legitimate file is to do with Windows Update but I've read it
    >can be corrupted. I have 3 of them in System32!! If I'm infected how
    >do I get rid of it.
    >TIA.

    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image and command line
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    Right clicking on the Process and selecting Google will describe the
    process.
    --
    Duck
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/linny/45599281

    , Jul 8, 2007
  4. Fred Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > WinXP Pro
    >
    > Hi
    > I'm having problems with this file, machine freezing, crashing etc I
    > know the legitimate file is to do with Windows Update but I've read it
    > can be corrupted. I have 3 of them in System32!! If I'm infected how
    > do I get rid of it.
    > TIA.

    There was a problem that some users were having when Windows Update was also
    checking for Office Updates.
    Affected computers would become unresponsive.
    That problem was apparently fixed by an update.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927891/

    Fred, Jul 8, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:48:53 +0930, "Fred" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> WinXP Pro
    >>
    >> Hi
    >> I'm having problems with this file, machine freezing, crashing etc I
    >> know the legitimate file is to do with Windows Update but I've read it
    >> can be corrupted. I have 3 of them in System32!! If I'm infected how
    >> do I get rid of it.
    >> TIA.

    >There was a problem that some users were having when Windows Update was also
    >checking for Office Updates.
    >Affected computers would become unresponsive.
    >That problem was apparently fixed by an update.
    >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927891/

    Thank you everyone for you input and help. I'll let you know how I
    get on.

    , Jul 8, 2007
  6. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > WinXP Pro
    >
    > Hi
    > I'm having problems with this file, machine freezing, crashing etc I
    > know the legitimate file is to do with Windows Update but I've read it
    > can be corrupted. I have 3 of them in System32!! If I'm infected how
    > do I get rid of it.
    > TIA.

    1 copy in system32 folder, and 1 in the dllcache folder.
    should be 53,080 bytes.
    Start\Search, and check them out.

    meerkat, Jul 8, 2007