    Microsoft's MDSNAA program) and runs as Win XP64 fine. it is not a major
    problem (yet) but it is seriously bugging me.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the cause of this prob??

    =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=, May 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=

    Rick Guest

    There is NO problem.

    Win x64 is based on the Server 2003 code and therefore is NOT Win XP as
    you think of it.

    Windows Update does work for Win x64. You have to use the 32-bit
    version of I.E. for the ActiveX to work.

    You should consider doing a little research about Win x64 and you might
    find out more about it.

    Rick, May 19, 2006

  3. Well, there is no law that says you have to keep Windows XP Pro x64
    installed, if its hampering your workflow, its best you remove it and go
    back to Windows XP x86.

    Windows XP Professional x64 is not Windows Server 2003, its based on the
    Windows Server 2003 SP1 codebase. You can download the correct updates for
    it, by enabling Automatic Updates in Windows.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 19, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Windows XP Professional x64 is not Windows Server 2003, its based on the Windows Server 2003 SP1 codebase. You can download the
    > correct updates for it, by enabling Automatic Updates in Windows.

    So, can we expect Windows XP x64 SP1 later this year? ;)
    http://www.activewin.com/awin/comments.asp?HeadlineIndex=34973&Group=1
    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, May 19, 2006
  5. XP x64 released at SP1. We can expect SP2 when it's ready. ;) But I
    wouldn't be surprised if it were this year.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  6. Windows XP x64 Edition is based on Server 2003 SP1 code base. It will
    generally be detected as Server 2003, which is fine. Windows Update works
    correctly for your computer and operating system.

    Please see the whitepaper I just wrote on XP x64 - I think you'll find some
    useful information in it.

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Windows Server 2003 SP2 is about to enter beta.
    This service pack will also apply to Windows XP Professional x64 edition (as
    SP2).
    (I don't know if you'll actually use the same installer, but they will
    certainly be released simultaneously.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 19, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=

    John Barnes Guest

    My experience was that when it recognised it as Server 2003, it said to go
    to Microsoft Update to update to SP1, and Update already realises it is SP1,
    Catch22

    John Barnes, May 19, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?a3V0bGEyMDAz?=

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: x64 is Windows Server 2003???

    << snipped>>
    OP =
    >> kutla2003 wrote:
    >>> I didn't see a relevant thread to my problem so ....
    >>> My pc's spec:
    >>> Windows XP Professional (Single User) 64bit Edition
    >>> AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+ 2211.2
    >>> 2048.4MB RAM
    >>> 2X NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS (SLi'd)
    >>> 500GB HDD
    >>> For some reason all programs that access my pc's specs (Windows
    >>> update,
    >>> Windows Media Player Update, EA Easy info, etc (NOT DXDiag.exe
    >>> though))
    >>> believe that i am running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family,
    >>> Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 3790). This means that i cant
    >>> download
    >>> the correct updates, Win Media 11 and about 100 other Windows
    >>> products
    >>> that require XP. My copy of XP64 is a fully legit copy (recieved
    >>> from my
    >>> university through Microsoft's MDSNAA program) and runs as Win XP64
    >>> fine.
    >>> it is not a major problem (yet) but it is seriously bugging me.
    >>> Does anyone have any thoughts on the cause of this prob??

    I just reinstalled my X64 drive yesterday (out for 6 months) and went to
    Windowsupdate. There the updater recognized that I was using the 64 bit
    browser and told me to use the 32 bit Internet Explorer. I did that and
    it worked fine. Did you try using 32 bit IE browser?

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Jun 12, 2006