    Please, people, write Fox and find out what's happening. The latest
    address I have for Fox is . (Please someone correct this
    if they have a better address.)
    Max Mustermann, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Max Mustermann

    futureworlds Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:37:18 +0200, Max Mustermann
    <> wrote:

    >The upcoming Silver Streak, arguably the best of the Gene Wilder/Richard
    >Pryor comedies, has all of a sudden become listed as "Full Screen" at many
    >online DVD stores.
    >
    >No, this isn't the first time a studio has mangled a classic this way, but
    >in this case I really have to shake my head asking why?...why?...why?
    >
    >FMC, Fox's movie channel, has been showing this movie in 1:85 widescreen.
    >I.e., they've gone to the expense and trouble of transferring it properly.
    >So why would they go dig up a P&S version for DVD release?
    >
    >Anyone know the facts on this one? Hopefully a communications error?
    >Please, people, write Fox and find out what's happening. The latest
    >address I have for Fox is . (Please someone correct this
    >if they have a better address.)

    Even the laserdisc was 1:85 widescreen according to imdb. If this isn't
    an error, guess people like me will just have to hope some Euro or Asian
    country will port the LD to DVD.
    futureworlds, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Max Mustermann

    Jeffman316 Guest

    The last time I saw it on Fox Movie Channel, it was widescreen so I
    recorded it on DVD myself since I figured they would screw it up.

    Jeff
    Jeffman316, Oct 30, 2004
  4. Max Mustermann wrote:
    > The upcoming Silver Streak, arguably the best of the Gene
    > Wilder/Richard Pryor comedies, has all of a sudden become listed as
    > "Full Screen" at many online DVD stores.

    I remember for a good deal of time "Jumpin' Jack Flash" was listed
    as being a "full screen" only disc. The actual DVD itself however
    ended up being a dual format, so I wouldn't get too worried.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Oct 30, 2004
  5. On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:32:03 -0500, Jeffman316
    <> wrote:

    >The last time I saw it on Fox Movie Channel, it was widescreen so I
    >recorded it on DVD myself since I figured they would screw it up.
    >
    >Jeff

    No info yet at Amazon (Dec. 14 release) regarding whether it is
    widescreen, but I can't imagine that companies would still be putting
    out DVDs in other than original formats.

    Charles
    nzvideos.org

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002XL37E/
    qid%3D1099151776/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-1149621-6408025
    Charles Eggen, Oct 30, 2004