WTF just happened to Orcon DSL???

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Evil Bastard, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Orcon Jetstream is usually flawless.

    But I just came out of an 11+ hour Jetstream outage. Connection abruptly
    died at 10:30pm.

    Was trying to ring their helpdesk for over an hour this morning, but got
    an engaged signal every time.

    Connection just came up 15 mins ago, as if nothing had happened.

    Was the outage from Orcon, or our Beloved National Kiwi Telco?

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Was the outage from Orcon, or our Beloved National Kiwi Telco?

    dunno, try ringing them, or checking their status page.
    you seem clue deprived?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Evil Bastard

    colinco Guest

    In article Dave - Dave.net.nz says...
    > dunno, try ringing them, or checking their status page.
    > you seem clue deprived?

    He's been trying for an hour. Isp status pages usually just say "no
    known outage" You seem..

    colinco, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Evil Bastard

    Hmmm Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Orcon Jetstream is usually flawless.
    >
    > But I just came out of an 11+ hour Jetstream outage. Connection abruptly
    > died at 10:30pm.
    >
    > Was trying to ring their helpdesk for over an hour this morning, but got
    > an engaged signal every time.
    >
    > Connection just came up 15 mins ago, as if nothing had happened.
    >
    > Was the outage from Orcon, or our Beloved National Kiwi Telco?

    I had no outages and im with orcon :)
    Did you check your router logs to see what the problem was with connecting?

    Hmmm, Oct 25, 2004
  5. colinco wrote:
    >>dunno, try ringing them, or checking their status page.
    >>you seem clue deprived?

    > He's been trying for an hour. Isp status pages usually just say "no
    > known outage" You seem..

    I just got straight through(wait time of under a minute), the helpdesk
    person knew of no such outages.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Evil Bastard

    Richard Guest

    It happens to me too on last thur whole day and friday night, my USR 9105
    router ADSL connection is connected, but cannot logon to their server. I
    phoned them and they said it was not their problem :(

    "Evil Bastard" <> wrote in message
    > Orcon Jetstream is usually flawless.
    >
    > But I just came out of an 11+ hour Jetstream outage. Connection abruptly
    > died at 10:30pm.
    >
    > Was trying to ring their helpdesk for over an hour this morning, but got
    > an engaged signal every time.
    >
    > Connection just came up 15 mins ago, as if nothing had happened.
    >
    > Was the outage from Orcon, or our Beloved National Kiwi Telco?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > EB
    >
    > --
    >
    > One who is not a conservative by age 20 has no brain.
    > One who is not a liberal by age 40 has no heart.

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    Richard, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Evil Bastard

    Hmmm Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > It happens to me too on last thur whole day and friday night, my USR 9105
    > router ADSL connection is connected, but cannot logon to their server. I

    Did you check the router logs to see what the problem was?

    Hmmm, Oct 26, 2004