    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply

    EMB, Oct 4, 2004

  2. EMB

    Chris Hope Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated email
    > requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None of
    > the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
    >
    > The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
    > $60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
    >
    > Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

    Web Drive have a plan where you pay $30 per month for the first site and
    then $8 per month for additional sites belonging to the same account. As
    you get to higher volume you can change to $60 for 1 + $4 per additional
    site. You get as many email aliases, mailboxes and databases that you want
    included and can administer it through a pretty cool control panel system.

    http://www.webdrive.co.nz/webhosting/index.php &
    http://www.webdrive.co.nz/pricing.php for more details.

    Chris Hope, Oct 4, 2004

  3. EMB

    Gavin Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:

    >EMB wrote:
    >

    >>Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated email
    >>requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None of
    >>the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
    >>
    >>The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
    >>$60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
    >>
    >>Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?
    >>

    >Web Drive have a plan where you pay $30 per month for the first site and
    >then $8 per month for additional sites belonging to the same account. As
    >you get to higher volume you can change to $60 for 1 + $4 per additional
    >site. You get as many email aliases, mailboxes and databases that you want
    >included and can administer it through a pretty cool control panel system.
    >
    >http://www.webdrive.co.nz/webhosting/index.php &
    >http://www.webdrive.co.nz/pricing.php for more details.

    Utopia, http://www.utopia.co.nz developer account. $75/month and
    unlimited subdomains and subhosting. Free to add another domain/website
    or subdomain. Free POP mailboxes all domains.

    Gavin

    Gavin, Oct 4, 2004
  4. EMB

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Re: Website Hosting

    EMB wrote:
    > Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated
    > email requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None
    > of the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
    >
    > The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
    > $60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
    >
    > Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

    I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

    I run a number of domains off my account. Can't remember how much it costs
    to add a domain, but it's trivial.

    Nik Coughin, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 4, 2004
  6. EMB

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Re: Website Hosting

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >> I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

    > they've just been bought by iserve.

    What are the implications of that?

    I had a look at their site, their pricing structure is different and I don't
    have time to work out if it's better or worse right now.

    Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather font of
    cPanel.

    Hope they don't change too much :(

    Nik Coughin, Oct 4, 2004
  7. EMB

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Re: Website Hosting

    Nik Coughin wrote:

    > Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather
    > font* of cPanel.

    *Fond damn it.

    Nik Coughin, Oct 4, 2004
  8. Re: Website Hosting

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    >>>I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

    >>they've just been bought by iserve.

    > What are the implications of that?

    dunno... I read it yesterday(on Stuff dear I say it)

    > I had a look at their site, their pricing structure is different and I don't
    > have time to work out if it's better or worse right now.
    > Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather font of
    > cPanel.
    > Hope they don't change too much :(

    yeah, because that happens lots.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 4, 2004
  9. EMB

    Rob Guest

    Re: Website Hosting

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    > > I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

    > they've just been bought by iserve.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz
    > http://www.karyn.net.nz

    Very interesting, as I would have though that it was a totally different
    market. Kiwiwebhost uses US servers, and offers hosting from a $1 a month.
    Will be interesting to see if or when kiwiwebhost will change its plans.

    Rob, Oct 4, 2004
  10. EMB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Re: Website Hosting

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >>Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated
    >>email requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None
    >>of the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
    >>
    >>The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
    >>$60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
    >>
    >>Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

    > I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/
    >
    > I run a number of domains off my account. Can't remember how much it costs
    > to add a domain, but it's trivial.

    HAve a look at http://www.kiwihosting.net.nz/hosting_prices_us.asp you
    can pay in $NZD too, you get a certain number of domains with each
    account. Have found these people very helpfull when www.aotea.net.nz
    let me down.

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 4, 2004