    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    http://www.karyn.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    >I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
    >she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
    >40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
    >'b' thing.
    >
    > So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
    > the right?

    LoL .... oh, you're serious.
    Rider, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    Rider wrote:
    >>I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
    >>she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
    >>40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
    >>'b' thing.

    >>So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
    >>the right?

    > LoL .... oh, you're serious.

    yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
    sure that they dont make them.

    She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
    the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
    line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
    typing properly" that.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mr Bond Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:10:53 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Rider wrote:
    >>>I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
    >>>she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
    >>>40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
    >>>'b' thing.

    >>>So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
    >>>the right?

    >> LoL .... oh, you're serious.

    >yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
    >sure that they dont make them.
    >
    >She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
    >the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
    >line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
    >typing properly" that.

    Nice. Difficult problem. Do any of the alternative 'input locals' in
    Control Panel/Keyboards provide a way to change specific keys?

    If not, maybe something like this program:
    http://solair.eunet.yu/~minya/Programs/klm/index.html

    You could then replace the letters on the bottom row of the physical
    keyboard with labels as dodgy or complicated as you wanted to get.

    Quite a dirty solution, but it would work.
    Mr Bond, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    will Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    > yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
    > sure that they dont make them.

    #### maybe you can cut a hole in the right-B position, and link(glue) it
    with a stick to the actual B on the left, so when she hits the right-B,
    left-B will follow.

    will.
    will, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    JWilson Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    > I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and
    > apparently, she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand,
    > and after almost 40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a
    > bit annoyed about the 'b' thing.
    >
    > So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key
    > on the right?
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz
    > http://www.karyn.net.nz

    Why not just reconfigure the keyboard with software like
    http://www.finaldownload.com/utilities_keyboard_keystroke_converter.html
    JWilson, Nov 4, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Don Hills Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
    >the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
    >line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
    >typing properly" that.

    www.pckeyboard.com

    They're a US firm, but they will build what she wants.
    They will most likely base it on the IBM Adjustable model (I have one),
    which has the 'B' on the left in standard form. It's a very high quality
    keyboard, and if she's a good typist she'll be well pleased with the
    "touch". The only problem is that mine cost me NZ$250 several years ago, and
    I doubt a custom model will be cheaper.

    You can see a picture of it here:
    http://vine.web.infoseek.co.jp/keyboard/13h6689/

    It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
    are governed by people who are not as smart.
    Don Hills, Nov 4, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Bret Guest

    Re: slightly odd ergo KB

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:48:19 +1300, will wrote:

    >> yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
    >> sure that they dont make them.

    > #### maybe you can cut a hole in the right-B position, and link(glue) it
    > with a stick to the actual B on the left, so when she hits the right-B,
    > left-B will follow.
    >
    > will.

    LOL
    Bret, Nov 4, 2004