WTD: Maxtor 60G Hard drive

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dont want spam, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Ok, lets be blunt, the user did not have a backup of data, and of course
    Murphy came along and killed the drive.

    We have the drive into the local Data recovery company, however they do
    not have a drive they can raid for parts (one of the heads in our unit
    has died).

    Does anyone have a Maxtor 60G Drive with the following Specs:

    Model 4D060H3
    HDA:  23A
    PCBA  01A
    Code  DAK019K0

    PCB:  301424100
          Poker A-1 / BUF / LITE / ATA-6
    Chip: Poker

    It is possible that a 4D080H4 with the same PCB may be useable by
    turning off one head.
    ( The H3 & H4 denote the number of heads )

    Please email me if you can help at

    K(dot)J(dot)Whitehead(at)massey(dot)ac(dot)nz

    I have a brand new 80G drive available as a swap for a WORKING maxtor
    drive that meets our specs.

    Dont want spam, Oct 19, 2004