WTD: LCD for digital camera (olympus)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Gontarek, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Apologies for x-post, but not sure where I might get the best response
    from.

    I'm in need of LCD TFT 3.8cm module for a Olympus C-220 digital
    camera. I stupidly sat on the camera and a protrudence on the bench I
    was sitting on (a nail head) went and smashed the LCD.

    I either need another knackered C-220 (with a complete looking LCD) or
    a supplier of such LCD modules (new or used) - preferable in the UK or
    Europe. I'm obviously trying to do this on the cheap, cos the nearest
    quote I've had from a repair shop is ukp120 (200US) and I can buy a
    new camera for about ukp90 ! It would seem a waste to chuck the camera
    out - it does actually still work - takes pictures fine etc, but I
    have to plug it into the TV to change the options etc - a slight
    handicap :-(

    I have actually removed the broken LCD module (and the camera still
    works !) and there are some numbers on it - 127ALXB 235A03E, but I
    can't find any mention of them on a web search.

    Thanks
    Steve
    remove XXXs for reply

    Steve Gontarek, Apr 21, 2004

  2. PS. It's a Sanyo LCD - I think related to their ALP277AXX. - as yet
    I've no idea where to get one - I can't seem to find any on Electronic
    component sites.

    Ta

    Steve Gontarek, Apr 21, 2004