    Thanks.

    --
    M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
    Bruce Flyger, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Bruce Flyger

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:39:08 +1300, Bruce Flyger <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone got one of these lying around surplus to requirements?

    You are Joking these are like Golden Hens Teeth..

    Try www.pp.co.nz they were listing them.

    Nick Smith, Oct 28, 2003

  3. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:31:26 +1300, Nick Smith
    <> scribbled:

    >On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:39:08 +1300, Bruce Flyger <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone got one of these lying around surplus to requirements?

    >You are Joking these are like Golden Hens Teeth..
    >

    >Try www.pp.co.nz they were listing them.

    I think he wants a second hand one.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Bruce Flyger

    XPD Guest

    "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:31:26 +1300, Nick Smith
    > <> scribbled:
    >
    > >On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:39:08 +1300, Bruce Flyger

    <>
    > >wrote:
    > >
    > >>Has anyone got one of these lying around surplus to requirements?

    > >You are Joking these are like Golden Hens Teeth..
    > >

    > >Try www.pp.co.nz they were listing them.

    > I think he wants a second hand one.

    Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :)
    One of the best CPUs ever released IMHO hehe
    XPD, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Bruce Flyger

    pete Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:31:26 +1300, Nick Smith
    > > <> scribbled:
    > >
    > > >On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:39:08 +1300, Bruce Flyger

    > <>

    > > >You are Joking these are like Golden Hens Teeth..
    > > >

    > > >Try www.pp.co.nz they were listing them.

    > > I think he wants a second hand one.

    > Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :)
    > One of the best CPUs ever released IMHO hehe

    A work associate has a P-III 1000 for sale but its a Slot1. Ex Compaq
    server.
    256k, 1.7v.

    Whats so great about them? (serious question) I replaced the P-III 500 in my
    HP Pavilion with one (not a Slot 1). Does the job but nothing startling.
    pete, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Bruce Flyger

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:33:08 +1300, XPD wrote:

    > Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :) One of the best CPUs
    > ever released IMHO hehe

    The first versions weren't. Intel raced AMD (and still failed) to get to
    1GHz and brought out an overclocked hot unstable chip, that just about had
    to be recalled. Luckily hardly anyone actually got them in time.

    It wasn't until the next process revision that they became good chips.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 29, 2003
  7. Bruce Flyger

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:30:52 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:33:08 +1300, XPD wrote:
    >
    >> Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :) One of the best CPUs
    >> ever released IMHO hehe

    >The first versions weren't. Intel raced AMD (and still failed) to get to
    >1GHz and brought out an overclocked hot unstable chip, that just about had
    >to be recalled. Luckily hardly anyone actually got them in time.
    >
    >It wasn't until the next process revision that they became good chips.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Anton

    It was the 1.3 Gig ones that were recalled not the 1gig ones.
    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Bruce Flyger

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    >>>Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :) One of the best CPUs
    >>>ever released IMHO hehe

    >>The first versions weren't. Intel raced AMD (and still failed) to get to
    >>1GHz and brought out an overclocked hot unstable chip, that just about had
    >>to be recalled. Luckily hardly anyone actually got them in time.
    >>It wasn't until the next process revision that they became good chips.

    > It was the 1.3 Gig ones that were recalled not the 1gig ones.

    Actually, slightly wrong Roger, but so were they, it was the 1.13(8.5
    multiplier 133MHz bus)
    T.N.O., Oct 29, 2003
  9. Bruce Flyger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    >>> The first versions weren't. Intel raced AMD (and still failed) to
    >>> get to 1GHz and brought out an overclocked hot unstable chip, that
    >>> just about had to be recalled. Luckily hardly anyone actually got
    >>> them in time.
    >>> It wasn't until the next process revision that they became good
    >>> chips.

    >> It was the 1.3 Gig ones that were recalled not the 1gig ones.

    > Actually, slightly wrong Roger, but so were they, it was the 1.13(8.5
    > multiplier 133MHz bus)

    Correctamundo.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2003
  10. Bruce Flyger

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:27:01 +1300, Nick Smith wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:30:52 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:33:08 +1300, XPD wrote:
    >>
    >>> Theyre like gold to those of us who still have one :) One of the best
    >>> CPUs ever released IMHO hehe

    >>The first versions weren't. Intel raced AMD (and still failed) to get to
    >>1GHz and brought out an overclocked hot unstable chip, that just about
    >>had to be recalled. Luckily hardly anyone actually got them in time.
    >>
    >>It wasn't until the next process revision that they became good chips.

    > It was the 1.3 Gig ones that were recalled not the 1gig ones.

    I didn't actually say they were recalled. They had huge difficulty making
    enough to sell very many at first - it was a last gasp attempt with a few
    process hacks to get coppermine over 1GHz before AMD released its 1GHz
    chip. The chip that was actually recalled was an early Tualatin if I
    remember correctly. Tualatins went on to be damn good chips too.

    It reminds me a little bit of the current P4EE at the moment - Intel
    announces a status chip that will be very expensive, hard to find and they
    will struggle to manufacture to counter an AMD milestone. Meanwhile by the
    announced time you expect P4EE to be available in quantity, it has been
    quietly surpassed by process improvements in the mainstream line (ie
    Prescott). OK not exactly the same thing, but the marketing reasons are
    similar.
    AD., Oct 29, 2003
  11. Bruce Flyger

    Ali P Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message

    > A work associate has a P-III 1000 for sale but its a Slot1. Ex Compaq
    > server.
    > 256k, 1.7v.

    Hi, how much does he want for this? It would be a good upgrade for an old
    P3BF slot 1 board I have sitting here doing nothing.
    Ali P, Oct 30, 2003
  12. Bruce Flyger

    pete Guest

    "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > "pete" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > A work associate has a P-III 1000 for sale but its a Slot1. Ex Compaq
    > > server.
    > > 256k, 1.7v.

    > Hi, how much does he want for this? It would be a good upgrade for an old
    > P3BF slot 1 board I have sitting here doing nothing.

    Not that it has any bearing on what a buyer now would pay for it, but
    he did tell me he paid $360 for it some time ago.

    What is it worth to you? I'll pass your offer on.
    pete, Oct 30, 2003
  13. Bruce Flyger

    Ali P Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message

    > "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > > "pete" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > A work associate has a P-III 1000 for sale but its a Slot1. Ex Compaq
    > > > server.
    > > > 256k, 1.7v.

    > > Hi, how much does he want for this? It would be a good upgrade for an

    old
    > > P3BF slot 1 board I have sitting here doing nothing.

    > Not that it has any bearing on what a buyer now would pay for it, but
    > he did tell me he paid $360 for it some time ago.
    >
    > What is it worth to you? I'll pass your offer on.

    Hi Pete,
    Could you please pass my email address on instead so he can let me know what
    he wants for it. My address is ...
    al(dot)penn(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz
    Thanks heaps.
    AL
    Ali P, Oct 31, 2003
  14. Bruce Flyger

    pete Guest

    "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > "pete" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > > > "pete" <> wrote in message

    Compaq

    > > > Hi, how much does he want for this? It would be a good upgrade for an

    > old
    > > > P3BF slot 1 board I have sitting here doing nothing.

    > > Not that it has any bearing on what a buyer now would pay for it, but
    > > he did tell me he paid $360 for it some time ago.
    > >
    > > What is it worth to you? I'll pass your offer on.
    > >

    > Hi Pete,
    > Could you please pass my email address on instead so he can let me know

    what
    > he wants for it. My address is ...
    > al(dot)penn(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz
    > Thanks heaps.