    Will not pay silly prices, originals not copies and not bovered if tinned or
    just normal case just want the films

    Dave

    Dragon, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Cesare Cioni Guest

    Dragon <> wrote:

    > Looking for
    >
    > Disney Treasures Mickey in Living Colour vol 1
    > Disney Treasures Mickey in B & W
    >
    > Will not pay silly prices, originals not copies and not bovered if tinned or
    > just normal case just want the films

    I believe these will be issued in Europe as well.

    Cesare

    Cesare Cioni, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    any one no when they are getting released in europe

    Dragon, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Cesare Cioni Guest

    Dragon <> wrote:

    > any one no when they are getting released in europe

    The first two ones (MM in living colour, Silly Symphonies) should by out
    before June

    Cesare

    Cesare Cioni, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Dragon

    ML-78 Guest

    > > any one no when they are getting released in europe
    >
    > The first two ones (MM in living colour, Silly Symphonies) should by out
    > before June

    They're already out. They were released in December.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I am in the UK and the new MM in l,ining colour i think is vol 2 in May and
    vol 1

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Cesare Cioni Guest

    ML-78 <> wrote:

    > > The first two ones (MM in living colour, Silly Symphonies) should by out
    > > before June

    > They're already out. They were released in December.

    Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
    vaious European countries. Has anybody already seen them, and can
    confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
    any additional languages are present in the Uk release?

    thanks

    Cesare

    Cesare Cioni, Jan 6, 2004
  8. I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
    Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the scene
    when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
    version, it was presented by L. Maltin.

    Haakon

    Håkon Hagelund, Jan 6, 2004
  9. Dragon

    ML-78 Guest

    > > They're already out. They were released in December.
    >
    > Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
    > vaious European countries.

    I have the DK releases so I'm sure about them. Usually release dates don't
    differ more than a week or so, but I just checked Amazon.co.uk. Mickey Mouse In
    Living Colour has a UK date of 9 February and Silly Symphonies is not even
    listed. Strange.

    > Has anybody already seen them, and can
    > confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
    > any additional languages are present in the Uk release?

    The DK releases have English soundtrack and optional English and Scandinavian
    subtitles. I don't know if they're identical to the US releases and would like
    some info about this too - but they have easter eggs and Leonard Maltin intro so
    I'm guessing they are.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Jan 6, 2004
  10. Dragon

    ML-78 Guest

    > The DK releases have English soundtrack and optional English and Scandinavian
    > subtitles. I don't know if they're identical to the US releases and would like
    > some info about this too - but they have easter eggs and Leonard Maltin intro

    so
    > I'm guessing they are.

    Håkon Hagelund's reply hadn't turned up on my server when I posted this. It
    seems there are some differences anyway.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Jan 6, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Smiley Guest

    Håkon Hagelund wrote:
    > I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
    > Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the scene
    > when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
    > version, it was presented by L. Maltin.
    >
    > Haakon
    >
    > "Cesare Cioni" <> wrote in message

    > out

    >>>They're already out. They were released in December.

    >>Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
    >>vaious European countries. Has anybody already seen them, and can
    >>confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
    >>any additional languages are present in the Uk release?
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>
    >>Cesare

    Is the original soundtrack of Three Little Pigs included as well??
    According to the ASIFA San Fransisco Newsletter on-line (
    http://www.awn.com/asifa-sf/november/video-book.html ) the soundtrack
    was rerecorded too:

    "
    DISNEY'S PARTLY UNCENSORED "THREE LITTLE PIGS" is a strange moment in
    animation history. It will be available until somebody complains and the
    film is censored again.

    When the original film was released it contained an anti-Semitic gag
    showing the wolf dressed as a Jewish peddler selling brushes. He spoke
    with an thick eastern-European accent. In the late 1940's the scene was
    reanimated to remove suggestion the wolf was Jewish. A new soundtrack
    was added. It isn't known why the studio made the change according to
    David Smith of the Disney Archives. He suggested it may have been due to
    a request by the Hays Office.

    The newly released tape is called Disney, Three Little Pigs, Favorite
    Stories. It was made from a beautiful Technicolor original and the
    original image of the wolf with a large nose wearing a yarmulke and long
    beard can be seen. The offensive soundtrack has been removed so people
    seeing the image will simply think it is a goofy looking disguise.
    "

    Ron

    Smiley, Jan 8, 2004
  12. "Smiley" <> wrote in message
    > Håkon Hagelund wrote:
    > > I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
    > > Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the

    scene
    > > when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
    > > version, it was presented by L. Maltin.
    > >
    > > Haakon
    > >
    > > "Cesare Cioni" <> wrote in message

    > > out

    > >>Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
    > >>vaious European countries. Has anybody already seen them, and can
    > >>confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
    > >>any additional languages are present in the Uk release?
    > >>
    > >>thanks
    > >>
    > >>Cesare

    > Is the original soundtrack of Three Little Pigs included as well??
    > According to the ASIFA San Fransisco Newsletter on-line (
    > http://www.awn.com/asifa-sf/november/video-book.html ) the soundtrack
    > was rerecorded too:
    >

    > "
    > DISNEY'S PARTLY UNCENSORED "THREE LITTLE PIGS" is a strange moment in
    > animation history. It will be available until somebody complains and the
    > film is censored again.
    >
    > When the original film was released it contained an anti-Semitic gag
    > showing the wolf dressed as a Jewish peddler selling brushes. He spoke
    > with an thick eastern-European accent. In the late 1940's the scene was
    > reanimated to remove suggestion the wolf was Jewish. A new soundtrack
    > was added. It isn't known why the studio made the change according to
    > David Smith of the Disney Archives. He suggested it may have been due to
    > a request by the Hays Office.
    >
    > The newly released tape is called Disney, Three Little Pigs, Favorite
    > Stories. It was made from a beautiful Technicolor original and the
    > original image of the wolf with a large nose wearing a yarmulke and long
    > beard can be seen. The offensive soundtrack has been removed so people
    > seeing the image will simply think it is a goofy looking disguise.
    > "
    >
    > Ron

    Hi

    Well, I don't think the original soundtrack is there. It is the same I have
    always heard.

    Haakon

    Håkon Hagelund, Jan 9, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Smiley Guest

    Håkon Hagelund wrote:
    > "Smiley" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Håkon Hagelund wrote:
    >>
    >>>I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
    >>>Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the

    > scene
    >
    >>>when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
    >>>version, it was presented by L. Maltin.
    >>>
    >>>Haakon
    >>>
    >>>"Cesare Cioni" <> wrote in message

    >>>out

    >>Is the original soundtrack of Three Little Pigs included as well??
    >>According to the ASIFA San Fransisco Newsletter on-line (
    >>http://www.awn.com/asifa-sf/november/video-book.html ) the soundtrack
    >>was rerecorded too:
    >>

    >>"
    >>DISNEY'S PARTLY UNCENSORED "THREE LITTLE PIGS" is a strange moment in
    >>animation history. It will be available until somebody complains and the
    >>film is censored again.
    >>
    >>When the original film was released it contained an anti-Semitic gag
    >>showing the wolf dressed as a Jewish peddler selling brushes. He spoke
    >>with an thick eastern-European accent. In the late 1940's the scene was
    >>reanimated to remove suggestion the wolf was Jewish. A new soundtrack
    >>was added. It isn't known why the studio made the change according to
    >>David Smith of the Disney Archives. He suggested it may have been due to
    >>a request by the Hays Office.
    >>
    >>The newly released tape is called Disney, Three Little Pigs, Favorite
    >>Stories. It was made from a beautiful Technicolor original and the
    >>original image of the wolf with a large nose wearing a yarmulke and long
    >>beard can be seen. The offensive soundtrack has been removed so people
    >>seeing the image will simply think it is a goofy looking disguise.
    >>"
    >>
    >>Ron

    > Hi
    >
    > Well, I don't think the original soundtrack is there. It is the same I have
    > always heard.
    >
    > Haakon

    That's too bad but thanks for the info

    Ron