WTD: Compaq "Smart Start" bootable CD

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dogg, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:59:47 -0700, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >charity? The lastest version is 6.x, but as its an old server all I need is
    >circa 5.5 version. Please post to and I'll get the
    >message.
    >
    >Cheers.

    I've got 5.30 and 6.0. I'll E-Mail you with details.

    Dogg, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Dogg

    RdM Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote:

    : Has anyone got one of these that they're no longer using? The CD configures
    : a Compaq server prior to installation of an OS. I've got an old Compaq
    : Proliant 400 server which I'm trying to set up for a local community group,
    : but the server won't recognise its scsi hard disk array without the CD.
    :
    : I've tried to buy it online but the compaq.co.nz/.com site is misconfigured
    : and doesn't allow me to specify delivery to an Asia/Pacific address. If I
    : could buy it online it would be only USD21 which seems reasonable.
    :
    : I Called CompaqNZ and they said the only "local" reseller was an aussie
    : outfit who sells it for AUD115 (inc GST, and no they won't remove the GST
    : for the export to NZ!).

    Coincidentally ... I too have an old Compaq Proliant 400 server, and
    went through similiar hoops last year, and a chat session with tech
    support in Singapore ... and gave up.

    : So, back to the subject, does anyone want to give a smart start CD to
    : charity? The lastest version is 6.x, but as its an old server all I need is
    : circa 5.5 version. Please post to and I'll get the
    : message.

    I'd also be interested in acquiring a Smart Start CD, just to get it
    up and running and experiment a bit ... not sure where it'll end up.

    Otherwise, it's about at the stage of being or becoming parts ...

    Ross Matheson
    <reverse the country code>

    RdM, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:32:28 +1300, RdM <> wrote:

    >I'd also be interested in acquiring a Smart Start CD, just to get it
    >up and running and experiment a bit ... not sure where it'll end up.

    I'll email you.

    Howard, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:17:06 -0700, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >Dogg wrote:
    >
    >> I've got 5.30 and 6.0. I'll E-Mail you with details.

    >Hi Dogg, thanks for the offer. I've been carefully going thru my hotmail
    >inbox (man, some of those spams are offensive!) and I can't see your post.
    >I'm pretty sure I didn't overlook a message about smartstart. Any chance you
    >could try again?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Done.

    I sent one to myself to check and my name shows up as Dogg
    McDogg....what was I thinking?

    Dogg, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Dogg

    Howard Guest