    by Stephen P. Maran (Paperback - November 1999)

    bAZZ

    by Stephen P. Maran (Paperback - November 1999)
    bAZZ, Jul 1, 2004

  2. bAZZ

    Howard Guest

    Re: Astronomy book

    bAZZ wrote:

    > Slighty off topic for nz.comp but am hoping someone may have the
    > following they want to part with.
    > Got my youngest a telescope for birthday and now we all have to learn
    > what to do with it -:)
    >
    > Astronomy For Dummies®
    > by Stephen P. Maran (Paperback - November 1999)

    Books are good, but remember there are some great astronomy programs
    available for free download...

    http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

    -H
    Howard, Jul 2, 2004

  3. bAZZ

    Graham Guest

    You could try Alibris.com, an online store for 2nd hand books.

    Graham, Jul 2, 2004
  4. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Will check it out. ta.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Jul 2, 2004
  5. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: Astronomy book

    "Howard" <> wrote in message
    > bAZZ wrote:
    > >
    > > Slighty off topic for nz.comp but am hoping someone may have the
    > > following they want to part with.
    > > Got my youngest a telescope for birthday and now we all have to learn
    > > what to do with it -:)
    > >
    > > Astronomy For Dummies®
    > > by Stephen P. Maran (Paperback - November 1999)

    > Books are good, but remember there are some great astronomy programs
    > available for free download...
    >
    > http://www.shatters.net/celestia/
    >
    > -H

    Looks good site for info. There is a lot of info on net regarding astronomy.
    Overload for me at present. Trying to find simple "kid proof" stuff for
    them and myself. Wanted a print version to read in bed, spare time etc. away
    from computer. Google sure was our friend in getting info on it all. Just
    have to sift way thru it all and get telescope set up tonite and have a go
    at the moon.

    Thanx for the site

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Re: Astronomy book

    isbn.nu is a pretty good aggregator of book retailers
    http://isbn.nu/0764551558/

    But what about the public library?
    http://www.dunedinlibraries.com/home/

    There are heaps of kids' books on astronomy there, but most seem to be
    for the northern hemisphere:
    http://www.cityofdunedin.com/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=10E88563L100L.24677&profile=remote&uri=link=1100004@!S144696@!1100001@!1100002&aspect=basic_search&menu=search&ri=2&source=10.1.160.37@!dial&term=Astronomy+--+Juvenile+literature&index=SAW
    Steve Marshall, Jul 3, 2004
  7. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: Astronomy book

    "Steve Marshall" <> wrote in message
    > isbn.nu is a pretty good aggregator of book retailers
    > http://isbn.nu/0764551558/
    >
    > But what about the public library?
    > http://www.dunedinlibraries.com/home/
    >
    > There are heaps of kids' books on astronomy there, but most seem to be
    > for the northern hemisphere:

    http://www.cityofdunedin.com/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=10E88563L100L.24677&pro
    file=remote&uri=link=1100004@!S144696@!1100001@!1100002&aspect=basic_search&
    menu=search&ri=2&source=10.1.160.37@!dial&term=Astronomy+--+Juvenile+literat
    ure&index=SAW

    Cheers Steve

    Will check them out. Have found a few online places aimed at kids but a lot
    of the reading will be done by me :)
    I will be doing a lot of hand holding at beginning as we are all novices at
    it. Had a go at moon last night but have to get the hang of telescope first
    !!

    Thanx for links as I had forgotten our good library.Don't seem to go there
    half as much as I used to since the internet came along. Will go visit
    Mosgiel one next week with kids for an afternoon holiday outing.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Jul 3, 2004