    like to sell me and make my life easier ?

    Please reply here if you do.

    TIA
    Who Am I, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Who Am I

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Re: AppleWorks for Windows

    Who Am I wrote:
    > We have a person who has had to shift from a Mac to a PC for various
    > imaging software reasons. Unfortunately they have a huge number of
    > documents in AppleWorks format.
    >
    > Does anyone have an unloved copy of Appleworks for Windows they would
    > like to sell me and make my life easier ?

    Something else you may wish to try is a Google search for Convert
    Appleworks.
    Nik Coughlin, Aug 1, 2006

  3. Who Am I

    David Empson Guest

    Who Am I <> wrote:

    > We have a person who has had to shift from a Mac to a PC for various
    > imaging software reasons. Unfortunately they have a huge number of
    > documents in AppleWorks format.
    >
    > Does anyone have an unloved copy of Appleworks for Windows they would
    > like to sell me and make my life easier ?

    Might be tricky, depending on which version of AppleWorks they were
    using.

    AppleWorks 5 for Windows was available as a retail product.

    AppleWorks 6 for Windows was only available in the educational market,
    not as a retail product. This may make it difficult to locate.

    If they were using AppleWorks 6 on the Mac, they need AppleWorks 6 for
    Windows to read the documents (unless you go through all the documents
    and "save as" an earlier version, in which case you might as well
    convert them to something else).

    Apple's Pages application (part of iWork, but only runs on a Mac) can
    read AppleWorks word processor documents. Microsoft Office on the Mac
    might be able to, if they've done a translator (I haven't gone looking)
    but I don't know whether they would have bothered for the Windows
    version of Office.

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Aug 1, 2006