    original XP with certificate XP for sale ?

    Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

    geoff (027) 454-8523

    Geoff, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Andrew Lambert, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Geoff

    XPD Guest

    Re: XP Home legal

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
    > original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >
    > Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

    Youre obviously talking to the wrong stores.
    Can get you a 30 pack of XP Home OEM without any issue :)
    Got a spare $4500 ? ;) Then flog off copies to those stores ;)

    XPD, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Geoff

    Greg House Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:09:26 +1200, "Geoff" <> wrote:

    >Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
    >original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >
    >Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.
    >
    >geoff (027) 454-8523

    PriceSpy list 3 for the Home Version and 43 for the Home OEM..

    Atech and MetratonIT list it and all the others in Wellington are Online Ordering only, Ascent and
    PP.

    Check the prices big variations..

    Greg House, Aug 23, 2007
  5. In message <faivhi$st1$>, Andrew Lambert wrote:

    > Geoff wrote:
    >> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
    >> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >>

    > http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=348728
    > Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
    > http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=8067172

    From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of hardware, so if
    you are unable to continue using that power cord for any reason, you cannot
    legally continue using that copy of XP, am I right?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Geoff

    XPD Guest

    > In message <faivhi$st1$>, Andrew Lambert wrote:
    >
    >> Geoff wrote:
    >>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
    >>> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >>>

    >> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=348728
    >> Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
    >> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=8067172

    > From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of hardware, so
    > if
    > you are unable to continue using that power cord for any reason, you
    > cannot
    > legally continue using that copy of XP, am I right?

    Pretty much.
    But MS dont bother keeping eye on it.... my OEM Home license is from a
    friends dead laptop. Works fine and never had any issues getting it
    activated.

    XPD, Aug 23, 2007
  7. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <faivhi$st1$>, Andrew Lambert wrote:
    >
    >> Geoff wrote:
    >>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer
    >>> installed original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >>>

    >> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=348728
    >> Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
    >> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=8067172

    > From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of
    > hardware, so if you are unable to continue using that power cord for
    > any reason, you cannot legally continue using that copy of XP, am I
    > right?

    No. It is licenced for installation on one computer at a time.

    I think you get 4 activations before they complain, and updates won't work
    on more than one current activation.

    geoff

    Geoff, Aug 23, 2007
  8. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Re: XP Home legal

    XPD wrote:
    > "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    >> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer
    >> installed original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
    >>
    >> Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

    > Youre obviously talking to the wrong stores.
    > Can get you a 30 pack of XP Home OEM without any issue :)
    > Got a spare $4500 ? ;) Then flog off copies to those stores ;)

    I know I'm going to the wrong stores. Hardly Normal and Tricky Dicky and
    Noel Laming probably have some sort of marketing agreement with Microshaft
    to kill off XP.

    geoff

    Geoff, Aug 23, 2007