    No onboard video,
    on board Sound is ok

    skippy at razza dot org
    Skippy, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Skippy

    Shane Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:17:46 +1300, Skippy wrote:

    > Hey guys
    >
    > I know I know trademe should be the answer. But in the last 2 weeks I have
    > not found a sutible MoBo
    >
    > Slot 1 MoBo capible of running a PIII 800mhz
    > Atlest 2x SDRam Slots
    > No onboard video,
    > on board Sound is ok
    >

    > skippy at razza dot org

    You are in violation of Trademes Terms and Conditions, should you continue
    to violate said T&C you will have your account suspended
    This is your last warning :)

    Shane, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Skippy

    Shane Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:19:12 +1300, Shane wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:17:46 +1300, Skippy wrote:
    >
    >> Hey guys
    >>
    >> I know I know trademe should be the answer. But in the last 2 weeks I have
    >> not found a sutible MoBo
    >>
    >> Slot 1 MoBo capible of running a PIII 800mhz
    >> Atlest 2x SDRam Slots
    >> No onboard video,
    >> on board Sound is ok
    >>

    >> skippy at razza dot org

    > You are in violation of Trademes Terms and Conditions, should you continue
    > to violate said T&C you will have your account suspended
    > This is your last warning :)

    Oh .. and in case anyone misses it... Im kidding in the above post

    Shane, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Skippy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Slot 1 MotherBoard

    Skippy wrote:
    > Hey guys
    >
    > I know I know trademe should be the answer. But in the last 2 weeks I
    > have not found a sutible MoBo

    I've ben looking now and then too.

    > Slot 1 MoBo capible of running a PIII 800mhz
    > Atlest 2x SDRam Slots
    > No onboard video,
    > on board Sound is ok

    If you get offered an extra one I could use one too. One of mine is getting
    flakey. It got to the stage where I'd have to re-boot two or three times to
    get it to start, now it won't start at all. :-(

    Coppermine support needed, 100MHz FSB is fine (Don't need 133MHz but will
    take it if that's all that's avialable. :) ). Prefer BX440 chipset but,
    once again, beggars can't be choosers. These boards are getting hard to
    find.

    Also, could be interested in a socket 370 coppermine capable board or two
    too. Preferably Intel chipset, preferably 815 as opposed to 810. (I think I
    have that right), also preferably AGP slot with no on-board graphics. All
    negotiable though.

    I can be contacted at misfitnz at gmail dot com.

    Thanks,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 6, 2005
  5. Re: Slot 1 MotherBoard

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > If you get offered an extra one I could use one too. One of mine is getting
    > flakey. It got to the stage where I'd have to re-boot two or three times to
    > get it to start, now it won't start at all. :-(

    Check the electrolytic caps around the processor and make sure they're
    not swollen or leaking. RS have low ESR caps for around $2.00 each...

    MaximumDamage, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Skippy

    Mercury Guest

    Re: Slot 1 MotherBoard

    Any offers for an Asus P2B-DS - dual proc currently has 2 x PII 400, 8 ram
    slots IIRC, SCSI, ultra stable & reliable. Working system - had been unning
    24 x 7 as server. These boards do not get the capacitor faults.

    The board is a rev 1.05 which IIRC doesn't do 133 - may do with a mod, but
    with slotkets you can install 1GHz + processors.

    Offers?

    I also have a dual Pentium Pro system with RAID 5 SCSI for sale.

    In CHCH - Pick up only.

    Mercury, Nov 6, 2005
  7. Skippy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Slot 1 MotherBoard

    Mercury wrote:
    > Any offers for an Asus P2B-DS - dual proc currently has 2 x PII 400,
    > 8 ram slots IIRC, SCSI, ultra stable & reliable. Working system - had
    > been unning 24 x 7 as server. These boards do not get the capacitor
    > faults.
    > The board is a rev 1.05 which IIRC doesn't do 133 - may do with a
    > mod, but with slotkets you can install 1GHz + processors.

    Meaning it is capable of handling the low voltage / high current demands of
    Coppermine / Tualatin CPUs? That's what kills most of these boards, the
    MOSFETs (or associated circuitry) give up under the strain.

    Completely different kettle of fish from the 2.0V Deschutes CPUs you're
    running now.

    > Offers?
    >
    > I also have a dual Pentium Pro system with RAID 5 SCSI for sale.
    >
    > In CHCH - Pick up only.

    Damn! Too far from Pukekohe.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Skippy

    PC Guest

    Re: Slot 1 MotherBoard

    snip

    > Check the electrolytic caps around the processor and make sure they're not
    > swollen or leaking. RS have low ESR caps for around $2.00 each...

    Snip

    & Jaycar have them as well 30c to 2.97 (4700/16v)
    Paul.
    PC, Nov 7, 2005