    If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no longer
    need or want, please email me at

    Thanks.

    nospam, Sep 4, 2004

  2. nospam

    Dorado Guest

    Re: Sky satellite dish and LNB

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    news:Hpb_c.716941$...
    > Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish

    that
    > they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from

    your
    > roof/wall.
    >
    > If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no longer
    > need or want, please email me at
    >
    > Thanks.

    The Sky dish is the property of Sky isn't it? You aren't allowed to sell it
    I presume?

    Dorado, Sep 4, 2004

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    "Dorado" <> wrote in message

    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish

    > that
    >> they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from

    > your
    >> roof/wall.
    >>
    >> If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no longer
    >> need or want, please email me at
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > The Sky dish is the property of Sky isn't it? You aren't allowed to sell
    > it
    > I presume?

    So what. They aren't going come and remove it from your house if you decide
    to cancel you sky subscription. You can either take it to the rubbish tip,
    or sell it to me.

    Any takers?

    nospam, Sep 4, 2004
  4. nospam

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > >> Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish

    > > that
    > >> they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from

    > > your
    > >> roof/wall.
    > >>
    > >> If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no

    longer
    > >> need or want, please email me at
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.

    > > The Sky dish is the property of Sky isn't it? You aren't allowed to sell
    > > it
    > > I presume?
    > >

    > So what. They aren't going come and remove it from your house if you

    decide
    > to cancel you sky subscription. You can either take it to the rubbish tip,
    > or sell it to me.
    >
    > Any takers?

    You can ask Sky to remove the dish if you don't want it there anymore, but
    if you sell it they can legally charge you. I just checked their website and
    it clearly says that the dish is the property of sky tv.

    Dorado, Sep 4, 2004
  5. nospam

    nospam Guest

    "Dorado" <> wrote in message

    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> > that
    >> > your

    > longer

    >> > The Sky dish is the property of Sky isn't it? You aren't allowed to
    >> > sell
    >> > it
    >> > I presume?
    >> >

    >> So what. They aren't going come and remove it from your house if you

    > decide
    >> to cancel you sky subscription. You can either take it to the rubbish
    >> tip,
    >> or sell it to me.
    >>
    >> Any takers?
    >>

    > You can ask Sky to remove the dish if you don't want it there anymore, but
    > if you sell it they can legally charge you. I just checked their website
    > and
    > it clearly says that the dish is the property of sky tv.

    So whats your point? Do you think I didn't realise this would be the case?
    Its exactly the same for the hundred odd thousand UHF sky arials attached to
    peoples houses, but I dont think sky is keeping tabs on them all.

    Many people have a sky dish attached to their house but have never had any
    agreement with sky. It may have been there when they bought the house.

    I'm just saying that if someone has one they're going throw away, I'll give
    them a few dollars if they throw it my way.

    nospam, Sep 4, 2004
  6. nospam

    "nospam" <> wrote in message

    > "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Dorado" <> wrote in message

    > > longer

    > >> So what. They aren't going come and remove it from your house if you

    > > decide
    > >> to cancel you sky subscription. You can either take it to the rubbish
    > >> tip,
    > >> or sell it to me.
    > >>
    > >> Any takers?
    > >>

    > > You can ask Sky to remove the dish if you don't want it there anymore,

    but
    > > if you sell it they can legally charge you. I just checked their website
    > > and
    > > it clearly says that the dish is the property of sky tv.
    > >

    > So whats your point? Do you think I didn't realise this would be the case?
    > Its exactly the same for the hundred odd thousand UHF sky arials attached

    > peoples houses, but I dont think sky is keeping tabs on them all.
    >
    > Many people have a sky dish attached to their house but have never had any
    > agreement with sky. It may have been there when they bought the house.
    >
    > I'm just saying that if someone has one they're going throw away, I'll

    give
    > them a few dollars if they throw it my way.

    "Many people have a sky dish attached to their house but have never had any
    agreement with sky. It may have been there when they bought the house."

    Yup that's fine, my point was for people who had a sky digital subscription
    and cancelled it, they might get into trouble for selling the dish.
    I cant see any problems with anyone selling a dish that was on their house
    when they moved in..

    Dorado, Sep 4, 2004
  7. nospam

    Peter Guest

    Re: Sky satellite dish and LNB

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:26:09 +1200, "Dorado" <>
    wrote:

    >"Many people have a sky dish attached to their house but have never had any
    > agreement with sky. It may have been there when they bought the house."
    >
    >Yup that's fine, my point was for people who had a sky digital subscription
    >and cancelled it, they might get into trouble for selling the dish.
    > I cant see any problems with anyone selling a dish that was on their house
    >when they moved in..

    Sky would need to be allowed a reasonable time to remove the dish
    following termination of contract. I think it is three months. If
    you want to take it down before then, you would either need to store
    it until the three months is up, or take it to the lost propery
    section at the local cop shop.

    Peter, Sep 5, 2004
  8. nospam

    Evil Bastard Guest

    nospam wrote:
    > Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish that
    > they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from your
    > roof/wall.
    >
    > If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no longer
    > need or want, please email me at

    Methinks someone has imported a satellite decoder kit and plans to
    receive Sky channels for free.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Sep 5, 2004
  9. nospam

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Evil Bastard" <> wrote in message
    > nospam wrote:
    > > Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish

    that
    > > they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from

    your
    > > roof/wall.
    > >
    > > If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no

    longer
    > > need or want, please email me at

    > Methinks someone has imported a satellite decoder kit and plans to
    > receive Sky channels for free.

    Imported a satellite decoder kit???????

    Satellite equipment is sold locally in NZ you know....

    and there are other channels that can be received for free

    Craig Sutton, Sep 5, 2004
  10. nospam

    JohnO Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > "Evil Bastard" <> wrote in message
    >> nospam wrote:
    >> > Is there anyone located here in Wellington, that has Sky satellite dish

    > that
    >> > they can sell to me? I'm willing to pay $60 and come and remove it from

    > your
    >> > roof/wall.
    >> >
    >> > If you have got one attached to the side of your house that you no

    > longer
    >> > need or want, please email me at

    >> Methinks someone has imported a satellite decoder kit and plans to
    >> receive Sky channels for free.
    >>

    > Imported a satellite decoder kit???????
    >
    > Satellite equipment is sold locally in NZ you know....
    >
    > and there are other channels that can be received for free

    .... and last I heard there's no practicable method to decrypt the Sky
    Digital feed without using a legitimate sky decoder card.

    JohnO, Sep 5, 2004
  11. nospam

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Evil Bastard" <> wrote in message

    dish
    > > that

    from
    > > your

    > > longer
    > >>
    > >> Methinks someone has imported a satellite decoder kit and plans to
    > >> receive Sky channels for free.
    > >>

    > > Imported a satellite decoder kit???????
    > >
    > > Satellite equipment is sold locally in NZ you know....
    > >
    > > and there are other channels that can be received for free
    > >

    > ... and last I heard there's no practicable method to decrypt the Sky
    > Digital feed without using a legitimate sky decoder card.

    Correct

    And the guy that want the dish? a new 64cm is only $44..
    www.satmax.ws

    Craig Sutton, Sep 5, 2004
  12. nospam

    samg Guest

    Re: Sky satellite dish and LNB

    > Yup that's fine, my point was for people who had a sky digital subscription
    > and cancelled it, they might get into trouble for selling the dish.
    > I cant see any problems with anyone selling a dish that was on their house
    > when they moved in..

    dishes get trashed all the time. Be a big waste of money for sky to go after
    any one, no doubt why Ive never heard it happening.

    samg, Sep 5, 2004