WTB: Linux Format magazine

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Grant Chivers, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. I would like to lend, borrow, steal or even buy Apr-July 2004 issues of
    Linux Format magazine

    email me at :
    Virus
    AT
    clear
    DOT
    net
    DOT
    nz

    --

    No virus checking was performed on this outgoing email
    Since no Microsoft products were used in its generation

    Powered by :-

    #####
    # # # ## #### # # # # ## ##### ######
    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
    ##### # # # # #### # # # # # # #####
    # # ###### # # # # ## # ###### ##### #
    # # # # # # # # # ## ## # # # # #
    ##### ###### # # #### # # # # # # # # ######

    # ### ###
    ## # # # #
    # # # # # #
    # # # # #
    # # # ### # # ###
    # # # ### # # ###
    ##### ### ### ### ###

    Grant Chivers, Nov 10, 2004

  2. It seems like Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:56:08 +0000 was when Grant Chivers
    <virus@clear-net-nz> said Blah blah blah...

    >I would like to lend, borrow, steal or even buy Apr-July 2004 issues of
    >Linux Format magazine
    >

    >email me at :
    >Virus
    >AT
    >clear
    >DOT
    >net
    >DOT
    >nz

    Quay computers in Lower Hutt have Linux Format. Expensive magazine
    IMHO, for the amount of paper involved. However, still very useful, I
    recently bought the one with Fedora Core 2 and some firewall distro on
    the cover. A lot cheaper than buying a magazine with Windows XP
    bundled on the front:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Grant Chivers

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:58:28 +1300, Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > Quay computers in Lower Hutt have Linux Format. Expensive magazine
    > IMHO, for the amount of paper involved.

    Psst, you mean its no got many ads in it.

    Gordon, Nov 11, 2004
  4. It seems like Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:28:41 +1300 was when Gordon
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> Quay computers in Lower Hutt have Linux Format. Expensive magazine
    >> IMHO, for the amount of paper involved.

    >Psst, you mean its no got many ads in it.

    If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm
    happy to play along:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 11, 2004
  5. In article <>, wrote:
    >It seems like Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:28:41 +1300 was when Gordon
    ><> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>> Quay computers in Lower Hutt have Linux Format. Expensive magazine
    >>> IMHO, for the amount of paper involved.

    >>Psst, you mean its no got many ads in it.

    >If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm
    >happy to play along:)

    Um ... I think the OP is asking, why not just buy the content ? :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
    dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Grant Chivers

    Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:15:12 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    >>If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm happy
    >>to play along:)

    > Um ... I think the OP is asking, why not just buy the content ? :)

    Because sometimes one is actually wanting to see what gear is out there.
    being used and promoted.

    Divine

    --
    "Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
    become Shorthorn."

    , Nov 15, 2004
  7. In article <pan.2004.11.15.09.43.22.71393@TRACKER>, "" <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:15:12 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >>>If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm happy
    >>>to play along:)

    >> Um ... I think the OP is asking, why not just buy the content ? :)

    >Because sometimes one is actually wanting to see what gear is out there.
    >being used and promoted.

    ... and that is a point of view. Some of us would rather do without the ads,
    most of which we are not interested in. I am merely trying to point out that
    wanting ad free content is a valid option :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 15, 2004
  8. It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:15:12 GMT was when
    z (Bruce Sinclair) said Blah
    blah blah...

    >>If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm
    >>happy to play along:)

    >Um ... I think the OP is asking, why not just buy the content ? :)

    Because it's easier for me as a student to ignore ads and get content
    for free, than to spend my money on information when I've got a pantry
    that's bare.

    And linux format still has ads plastered through it:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 15, 2004
  9. In article <>, wrote:
    >It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:15:12 GMT was when
    > (Bruce Sinclair) said Blah
    >blah blah...
    >
    >>>If buying a page of ads gets me an additional page of content, I'm
    >>>happy to play along:)

    >>Um ... I think the OP is asking, why not just buy the content ? :)

    >Because it's easier for me as a student to ignore ads and get content
    >for free, than to spend my money on information when I've got a pantry
    >that's bare.

    Food ? ... Hah ! as a student you ought to be able to do without that !
    I have yet to see any indication that something ad heavy is in fact cheaper
    than something that isn't. More to do with format (glossy pages vs not for
    example) from what I've seen.

    >And linux format still has ads plastered through it:)

    It's on my list of things to find so I can form an opinion :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 16, 2004
  10. Grant Chivers

    Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:30:26 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > .. and that is a point of view. Some of us would rather do without the
    > ads, most of which we are not interested in. I am merely trying to point
    > out that wanting ad free content is a valid option :)

    I'd love to have ad-free TV again - like what we used to have on weekends.

    Divine

    --
    "Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
    become Shorthorn."

    , Nov 16, 2004
  11. It seems like Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:05:19 +1300 was when
    "" <> said Blah blah
    blah...

    >I'd love to have ad-free TV again - like what we used to have on weekends.

    I always used to think that SKY was ad free because you paid a
    subscription. I was surprised when that turned out not to be the case.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 16, 2004
  12. In article <pan.2004.11.16.06.05.19.480570@TRACKER>, "" <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:30:26 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> .. and that is a point of view. Some of us would rather do without the
    >> ads, most of which we are not interested in. I am merely trying to point
    >> out that wanting ad free content is a valid option :)

    >I'd love to have ad-free TV again - like what we used to have on weekends.

    That's what I was thinking of. IIRC, there are now 2 days this happens left
    to us.

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 17, 2004