    them for sale. Thanks,

    Scott

    , Sep 12, 2003

  2. Wade365 Guest

    << I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>

    Good F-ing Luck.

    I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs when they
    came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for over a year
    there were no offers made.

    I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't paid more
    than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the market) and I
    found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but the
    illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at me, and the
    Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.

    Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???

    : )

    Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is the last
    place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our time here.

    Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you find an
    extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

    Wade365, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Guest

    In article <>,
    (Wade365) wrote:

    > << I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>
    >
    > Good F-ing Luck.
    >
    > I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs when they
    > came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for over a year
    > there were no offers made.
    >
    > I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't paid more
    > than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the market) and I
    > found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but the
    > illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at me, and the
    > Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.
    >
    > Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???
    >
    > : )
    >
    > Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is the last
    > place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our time here.
    >
    > Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you find an
    > extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

    Thanks Wade,

    Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going for
    over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for one.
    You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. I'd much rather find
    the discs in the $10 and under range at a local retail place 'bargain
    bin'. I have been checking those places and hopefully I'll land some or
    all of the titles. I'll save your email in case I find an extra Terror
    of Mechagodzilla. I love these cheezy old sci fi/B movies and the
    Godzilla collection would be a great addition to my stash.

    Thanks again,

    Scott

    , Sep 13, 2003
  4. Rob Pasco Guest

    Weren't the Simitar ones in (non-anamorphic) WS? I remember seeing them
    all the time and always postponing purchasing them. D'oh! When will a
    distributor give the Godzilla series some respect on DVD? All I want is
    anamorphic widescreen and both the Japanese and English versions of the
    film. If someone did that, I'd have no problem shelling out $20 each.

    Rob Pasco, Sep 13, 2003
  5. Wade365 Guest

    << Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going for
    over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for one.
    You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. >>

    Especially considering the great treatment of the material, dub aside.

    Toho squashed these prints pretty quickly, and it's a cryin' shame for those of
    us in Region-1 land with the alternative being the P&S hackjobs of Classic
    Media.

    Wade365, Sep 13, 2003
  6. Wade365 Guest

    << Weren't the Simitar ones in (non-anamorphic) WS? >>

    Yes.

    But again, given what we have to work with I'll take 'em.

    Wade365, Sep 13, 2003
  7. Paul Guest

    > Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???

    Sure, I have an extra Simitar Mechagodzilla that you're more than welcome
    to. Drop me a note at and we can talk. :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Rob Pasco Guest

    Oh, and as far as Flash is concerned, I'm pretty sure Universal will
    release it soon. They have been slowly but surely release all of their
    Image DVDs that were discontinued (like Weird Science and They Live).

    Rob Pasco, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Guest

    In article <_fQ8b.186514$>,
    Rob Pasco <> wrote:

    > Oh, and as far as Flash is concerned, I'm pretty sure Universal will
    > release it soon. They have been slowly but surely release all of their
    > Image DVDs that were discontinued (like Weird Science and They Live).

    I've seen a French version that looks pretty cool. It comes with a
    separate Queen CD. It's only available in PAL though if I understand
    correctly. Maybe there will be a US release of this set soon.

    Thanks for the input,

    Scott

    , Sep 14, 2003
  10. Wade365 Guest

    << I've seen a French version that looks pretty cool. It comes with a
    separate Queen CD. It's only available in PAL though if I understand
    correctly. Maybe there will be a US release of this set soon. >>

    One would hope... sorry to completely ignore the second half of the post with
    my Godzilla-crazed patter... "Flash" was a movie I went to the theater for and
    initially I was let down... but in the years since I have seen the loving
    homage of this film for the brilliant schlock it truly is. I used to watch teh
    original serials on late-nite TV here in Chicago when I was a nipper, and they
    really nailed it.

    Also, the soundtrack is awesome.

    Wade365, Sep 14, 2003
  11. Guest

    In article <>,
    (Wade365) wrote:

    > << I've seen a French version that looks pretty cool. It comes with a
    > separate Queen CD. It's only available in PAL though if I understand
    > correctly. Maybe there will be a US release of this set soon. >>
    >
    > One would hope... sorry to completely ignore the second half of the post with
    > my Godzilla-crazed patter... "Flash" was a movie I went to the theater for and
    > initially I was let down... but in the years since I have seen the loving
    > homage of this film for the brilliant schlock it truly is. I used to watch teh
    > original serials on late-nite TV here in Chicago when I was a nipper, and they
    > really nailed it.
    >
    > Also, the soundtrack is awesome.

    Flash, ahh ahh, savior of the universe...

    Yeah, that movie actually gets better the more I watch it. Ming's
    daughter is a major hottie. The original series was cool as well.

    Scott

    , Sep 14, 2003