    a '2 screw' fan or fit in a plastic cage. Pics available or perhaps
    someone knows what I'm on about already...

    (originally posted to nz.wanted)
    Jeremy, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Jeremy

    EMB Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > I'm after a fan to fit a '98-vintage case housing a '06-vintage
    > system. The case has room for a fan at bottom front but it must either be
    > a '2 screw' fan or fit in a plastic cage. Pics available or perhaps
    > someone knows what I'm on about already...
    >
    > (originally posted to nz.wanted)

    Dimensions?

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:48:13 +1200, EMB wrote:

    > Jeremy wrote:
    >> I'm after a fan to fit a '98-vintage case housing a '06-vintage
    >> system. The case has room for a fan at bottom front but it must either be
    >> a '2 screw' fan or fit in a plastic cage. Pics available or perhaps
    >> someone knows what I'm on about already...
    >>
    >> (originally posted to nz.wanted)

    > Dimensions?

    Cage will take an 80mm x 80mm assembly (which I'm guessing means a blade
    diameter of less than 80mm...). This 'clips' into the cage which then
    clips onto the case.
    Jeremy, Sep 28, 2006
  4. Jeremy

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:37:25 +1200, Jeremy wrote:

    > Cage will take an 80mm x 80mm assembly (which I'm guessing means a blade
    > diameter of less than 80mm...). This 'clips' into the cage which then
    > clips onto the case.

    These are still 2 a penny. The 80 by 80 by 25mm fans. You might need to
    ask Heath Robinson how to phyically fix it tough.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/robinson_william_heath.shtml

    Good grief, he was an artist! The term Heath Robinson means to me that
    something is rather basic, yet functional.
    Gordon, Sep 28, 2006
  5. In message <>, Gordon wrote:

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/robinson_william_heath.shtml
    >
    > Good grief, he was an artist! The term Heath Robinson means to me that
    > something is rather basic, yet functional.

    He was to the Brits what Rube Goldberg was to the Yanks. Rather than "basic,
    yet functional", the term refers to the use of incredibly convoluted and
    complicated mechanisms to perform very simple tasks.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:49:50 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Gordon wrote:

    These are still 2 a penny. The 80 by 80 by 25mm fans. You might need to
    ask Heath Robinson how to phyically fix it tough.

    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/robinson_william_heath.shtml
    >>
    >> Good grief, he was an artist! The term Heath Robinson means to me that
    >> something is rather basic, yet functional.

    > He was to the Brits what Rube Goldberg was to the Yanks. Rather than "basic,
    > yet functional", the term refers to the use of incredibly convoluted and
    > complicated mechanisms to perform very simple tasks.

    Disambiguation much appreciated guys... and I'm not averse to reaching for
    the #8 wire... (or icosahedral carbon-ytterbium nanostructures as need be)
    but I can't believe that an 'off the (dusty, probably) shelf' solution
    does not exist given that the cage was presumably designed to hold
    _something_ (either in existence or soon to be so)!!! And presumably hold
    it with the required force...
    Jeremy, Sep 28, 2006