    help please contact me at (don't worry, it's
    infested with spam already so a little more won't hurt!)
    , Dec 21, 2006

  2. Who Me Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking to buy a specific type of older PC, namely
    >
    > AMD K6 of 450 or better and 100MHz FSB (Front Side Bus)
    > Minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
    > Video card of 8Mb or more
    > USB
    > Win 98
    >

    > Preferably in the Auckland area. The reason I need these specs is that
    > a custom built machine runs best on them, for some reason. If you can
    > help please contact me at (don't worry, it's
    > infested with spam already so a little more won't hu

    Hi
    just spotted this on trademe
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Motherboards/auction-82015261.htm
    Who Me, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Shane Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking to buy a specific type of older PC, namely
    >
    > AMD K6 of 450 or better and 100MHz FSB (Front Side Bus)
    > Minimum of 64Mb of RAM.
    > Video card of 8Mb or more
    > USB
    > Win 98
    >

    > Preferably in the Auckland area. The reason I need these specs is that
    > a custom built machine runs best on them, for some reason. If you can
    > help please contact me at (don't worry, it's
    > infested with spam already so a little more won't hurt!)

    My god, thats deviants specs!!!

    user@deviant:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 5
    model : 8
    model name : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
    stepping : 12
    cpu MHz : 450.016
    cache size : 64 KB
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 1
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow
    k6_mtrr
    bogomips : 897.84

    user@deviant:~$ free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 116 74 42 0 10 22
    -/+ buffers/cache: 40 75
    Swap: 345 149 195

    user@deviant:~$ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

    Currently serving [faithfully] as my mail server, its a rock solid setup, so
    much so I want another one

    --
    Leela: They say Zapp Brannigan single-handedly saved the Octilian system
    from a horde of rampaging killbots.

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Dec 22, 2006