  1. i need a video cable for a monitor with 4 BNC sockets. i am looking to pay
    around $10, but may consider anything up to $20. I live in New plymouth (but
    will pay postage otherwise)
    Stereo Cassette Deck, May 14, 2004

  2. In article <>, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    <marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> says...
    > i need a video cable for a monitor with 4 BNC sockets. i am looking to pay
    > around $10, but may consider anything up to $20. I live in New plymouth (but
    > will pay postage otherwise)

    Jaycar have a VGA to 5 BNC cable for $42.50, if this is the type of cable
    you're looking for.
    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004

  3. there are three different varieties with 3, 4 and 5 BNC plugs. I can get the
    kind I need from a local retailer for $30, thats why i said $12-$20 for a
    second hand cable

    Stereo Cassette Deck, May 14, 2004
  4. Stereo Cassette Deck

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 19:04:47 +1200, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    <marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

    >i need a video cable for a monitor with 4 BNC sockets. i am looking to pay
    >around $10, but may consider anything up to $20. I live in New plymouth (but
    >will pay postage otherwise)

    http://www.cablesdirect.co.nz/catalog/index.php?cPath=30_87

    That's about as good a price as you'll get IMO, chances of a
    second-hand one are pretty remote.

    Cheers

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, May 14, 2004
  5. In article <>, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    <marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> says...
    > there are three different varieties with 3, 4 and 5 BNC plugs. I can get the
    > kind I need from a local retailer for $30, thats why i said $12-$20 for a
    > second hand cable

    They are, I think, fairly rare. I've only ever seen one piece of
    equipment that used BNC plugs instead of the VGA connector and that was a
    very modern video projector.

    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004
  6. Stereo Cassette Deck

    MarkH Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > In article <>, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    ><marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> says...
    >> there are three different varieties with 3, 4 and 5 BNC plugs. I can
    >> get the kind I need from a local retailer for $30, thats why i said
    >> $12-$20 for a second hand cable

    > They are, I think, fairly rare. I've only ever seen one piece of
    > equipment that used BNC plugs instead of the VGA connector and that
    > was a very modern video projector.

    My 17" monitor (Viewsonic 17PS 1997) has the 5 BNC connectors as well as
    having the 15 pin D-Sub. I haven’t seen any new models using BNC for a
    while though.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, May 15, 2004
  7. Stereo Cassette Deck

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > They are, I think, fairly rare. I've only ever seen one piece of
    > equipment that used BNC plugs instead of the VGA connector and that was a
    > very modern video projecto

    They don't seem to be very common, but some older high quality monitors used
    them.

    I have a 17" CTX monitor with both BNC and 15 pin D-sub connector; the
    beauty of this setup is that you can connect the same monitor to two
    different PCs simultaneously, and toggle which one to display using the
    front panel control.

    Unfortunately the monitor died several months ago, so I no longer need the
    cable; but it has five BNC connectors, not four. Pity.
    -=rjh=-, May 15, 2004
  8. Stereo Cassette Deck

    Dodger Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message

    > My 17" monitor (Viewsonic 17PS 1997) has the 5 BNC connectors as well as
    > having the 15 pin D-Sub. I haven't seen any new models using BNC for a
    > while though.

    The Philips 109P Monitors use both DSUB and BNC connectors.
    We use these monitors on our new PC's.
    Dodger, May 15, 2004
  9. what I have is a 17" monitor with 4 BNC sockets (red, blue, green and Csync)
    and a female db9 socket. Monitors with 5 connectors are red, green blue,
    Hsync and V sync, and monitors with three are red, composite green/csync and
    blue. these monitors are "workstation" monitors (as i have learned, a
    workststion being a PC built from server comonents but desinged to be a
    client).

    Stereo Cassette Deck, May 15, 2004
  10. In article <c83n4p$7ql$>, says...
    > Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    > ><marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> says...
    > >> there are three different varieties with 3, 4 and 5 BNC plugs. I can
    > >> get the kind I need from a local retailer for $30, thats why i said
    > >> $12-$20 for a second hand cable

    > > They are, I think, fairly rare. I've only ever seen one piece of
    > > equipment that used BNC plugs instead of the VGA connector and that
    > > was a very modern video projector.

    > My 17" monitor (Viewsonic 17PS 1997) has the 5 BNC connectors as well as
    > having the 15 pin D-Sub. I haven=3Ft seen any new models using BNC for a
    > while though.

    The reason you see BNC sometimes on new video gear is that they can
    double as component video inputs from a DVD player. Using as my example
    the high powered Sanyo video projector mentioned above. Instead of having
    2 computer and one video input, each input can take several different
    types of device. Input one can be VGA Dsub15 or DVI, input 2 can be
    composite, component BNC or VGA BNC, input 3 can be Svideo or composite
    etc.
    Patrick Dunford, May 15, 2004
  11. Stereo Cassette Deck

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:24:51 +1200, "Stereo Cassette Deck"
    <marlin<remove>@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

    >what I have is a 17" monitor with 4 BNC sockets (red, blue, green and Csync)
    >and a female db9 socket. Monitors with 5 connectors are red, green blue,
    >Hsync and V sync, and monitors with three are red, composite green/csync and
    >blue. these monitors are "workstation" monitors (as i have learned, a
    >workststion being a PC built from server comonents but desinged to be a
    >client).

    That sounds a lot like one of the old fixed frequency sync on green
    monitors that were common with the likes of old Vax workstations. If
    it is one of those then it's not worth spending money on if you don't
    have a suitable to machine to run it.

    Cheers

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, May 15, 2004
  12. what you wnat for it? might look into building a Csync adaptor

    Stereo Cassette Deck, May 15, 2004
  13. Stereo Cassette Deck

    RdM Guest

    :
    : Unfortunately the monitor died several months ago, so I no longer need the
    : cable; but it has five BNC connectors, not four. Pity.

    I have a 17" Digital monitor with (only) 5 BNC inputs that I'm short of a
    cable for. I already repaired and rewired (cut back to break & new VGA Dsub
    plug) another cable for another 5 BNC monitor but am baulking at making up a
    whole new cable and plugs set for this one ... want to part with it?

    RdM (in nz not zn!)
    RdM, May 27, 2004
  14. Stereo Cassette Deck

    -=rjh=- Guest

    RdM wrote:

    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote:
    >
    > : I have a 17" CTX monitor with both BNC and 15 pin D-sub connector; the
    > : beauty of this setup is that you can connect the same monitor to two
    > : different PCs simultaneously, and toggle which one to display using the
    > : front panel control.
    > :
    > : Unfortunately the monitor died several months ago, so I no longer need
    > : the cable; but it has five BNC connectors, not four. Pity.
    >
    > I have a 17" Digital monitor with (only) 5 BNC inputs that I'm short of a
    > cable for. I already repaired and rewired (cut back to break & new VGA
    > Dsub plug) another cable for another 5 BNC monitor but am baulking at
    > making up a whole new cable and plugs set for this one ... want to part
    > with it?
    >
    > RdM (in nz not zn!)

    Replied by email, but you need to get back to me ASAP!

    cheers
    -=rjh=-, May 28, 2004