    Free Demos, Low Cost Online Exams

    Good Luck,
    WSW Practice Exams

    WSWExams, Feb 25, 2006

  2. WSWExams

    Lasher Guest

    Re: Ping: Lasher (102 sec.)

    "Bigus Dickus" <> wrote in news:Oop2y7lOGHA.1676
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > www.wswexams.com

    Hrmm. They actually _look_ legitimate. However, since I haven't taken any
    ..NET, VB, VS, SQL, or Web-App exams, I can't actually vouch personally that
    those aren't exam questions. The only thing that I see that would bother
    me is their "copyright" is from 2001-2004. That could mean that their
    practice exams aren't up to par with the updates available on those
    programs and programming languages in regards to your question about lower
    price.

    After doing some online research on their company, there is no offical
    copyright of the company registered with the US Government, nor has there
    ever been. Again, an integrity issue and probably a false claim to prevent
    stupid people from taking material that isn't really copyrighted.

    Like I said, I'm not the one to say yea or nay on this subject. But, given
    the facts above, I would be inclined to find up-to-date material and a
    testing provider that is approved by Microsoft.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Feb 26, 2006

  3. WSWExams

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Re: Ping: Lasher (102 sec.)

    > Hrmm. They actually _look_ legitimate. However, since I haven't taken
    > any
    > .NET, VB, VS, SQL, or Web-App exams, I can't actually vouch personally
    > that
    > those aren't exam questions. The only thing that I see that would bother
    > me is their "copyright" is from 2001-2004. That could mean that their
    > practice exams aren't up to par with the updates available on those
    > programs and programming languages in regards to your question about lower
    > price.

    Very good point, I didn't think to look at, or for, copyright info. Very
    possibly the reason they *are* so cheap. 87%-90% lower than the proven
    companies is quite a price cut. That right there threw up a warning flag.
    I'll look more into it.

    > After doing some online research on their company, there is no offical
    > copyright of the company registered with the US Government, nor has there
    > ever been. Again, an integrity issue and probably a false claim to
    > prevent
    > stupid people from taking material that isn't really copyrighted.

    Unfortunately, work published doesn't need to be registered for it to be
    Copyrighted. But, they do state that WSW Software is a Registered Trademark,
    and in order to have a trademark, one *must* register.

    So, after doing a little research of my own I found that they don't hold a
    Trademark in the US. I also discovered that their domain is registered in
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada. So, after digging through the Canadian Copyright
    and Trademark DBs I still found nothing on them.

    Not Trustworthy at this point. But, I'm sure that MS does extensive checks
    on all their testing partners (or else all the dvmp sites would be
    registered MS partners). So, if MS doesn't find anything wrong with them and
    they *do* get a partnership. Then good luck to them.

    > Like I said, I'm not the one to say yea or nay on this subject. But,
    > given
    > the facts above, I would be inclined to find up-to-date material and a
    > testing provider that is approved by Microsoft.

    I'd have to agree with you and I'd like to let others know that before you
    go jumping in to what *looks* like a *great* deal....Check it out
    first....Would you rather pay for something that you know has been proven to
    work? Or waste money on a long shot?

    I personally am going to stick with MeasureUp and SelfTestSoftware.

    Thanks for the input Lasher!
    --
    Bigus Dickus

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 26, 2006
  4. WSWExams

    TBone Guest

    Re: Ping: Lasher

    And on the eigth day "Bigus Dickus" <> did cause
    the electrons to come together and form the follwing words:

    > Check this out Lasher, I checked out the site and they actually look
    > legit.

    > Anyways, might be worth a lookover.

    I would recommend against any company that uses spam as a for of generating
    sales.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL