    deal with some security and communication issues before Indigo becomes
    available.

    Chris
    Chris Pettingill, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Chris Pettingill

    Guest Guest

    I heard that in late 2004, Indigo will be superseded by something called
    Mayfly.

    "Chris Pettingill" <> wrote in message
    > Is much time spent on covering WSE on the MCSD exams? I've been reading
    > about Indigo and Longhorn, and it sounds like WSE is going to be replaced

    by

    Guest, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Chris Pettingill

    Tom Fuller Guest

    Chris:

    From the studying I did on the XML Web Services and Server
    components test I don't even see WSE talked about in their
    self paced study guide and it definately wasn't covered on
    the exam. I ended up spending more time figuring out all
    of the COM+ and Remoting aspects as they really seemed to
    dedicate some space to those in the self-paced preparation
    from Microsoft. Beyond leveraging SOAP Headers for
    authentication and controlling serialization (for custom
    encryption) you won't get much past the basic web services
    infrastructure. Hope this helps, no need to try and lock
    down exactly what WS-Routing is doing quite yet! Where
    did you find some of that information on avoiding WSE due
    to the impending Indigo release, I'd love to catch up?

    Tom Fuller

    Tom Fuller, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Chris Pettingill

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >It sounds like WSE implementation now is just an interim thing to
    >deal with some security and communication issues before Indigo becomes
    >available.

    As is the case with many technologies. Take Microsoft, often it is
    said that the release of a Microsoft product is just the beta version
    for the next release!
    Kline Sphere, Oct 31, 2003
  5. From what I've been reading, it doesn't sound like Indigo will even be
    released by then (or only just released). Apparently Indigo is a key part
    of Longhorn (although there will be a version of Indigo available sooner for
    XP). Longhorn isn't due 'til 2005 or 2006 I think I read.

    Chris Pettingill, Oct 31, 2003
  6. Yeah, I think that's what they're saying about this... but they also seem to
    be saying that the changes from WSE-2 to Indigo will be significant enough
    that you should avoid using WSE if you want easy migration of your code to
    Indigo.

    Chris Pettingill, Oct 31, 2003
  7. http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn

    There's tons of stuff being added daily it seems about Longhorn and all
    related technologies.

    There also a few newsgroups starting with
    "microsoft.public.windows.developer.winfx"

    Chris Pettingill, Oct 31, 2003
  8. .... or maybe Indigo will be WSE-2... It's all so much to absorb...
    Regardless, I guess the main point is that if you use the WSE available now
    you'll have a harder time migrating existing code to Indigo.

    Chris Pettingill, Oct 31, 2003
  9. Chris Pettingill

    Jaime Guest

    Just use any of their software and this proves true.

    Jaime, Oct 31, 2003
  10. Chris Pettingill

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >... or maybe Indigo will be WSE-2... It's all so much to absorb...

    lol!

    >Regardless, I guess the main point is that if you use the WSE available now
    >you'll have a harder time migrating existing code to Indigo.

    Keep the design as simple as possible. I know that sound obvious, but
    if you are in a situation where the 'goal posts' keep moving, it's the
    only way to build in some sort of future proofing.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 2, 2003